Intercooler heat exchanger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
As part of my preparation for my supercharger I needed to sort out how I will cool the hot water from the intercooler and where to locate the radiator to do it with.

I have looked at horizontally mounted units above the engine and exhausting thru the bonnet but thought there had to be a better way. Small oil coolers get used oa radiatiors but again they are small.

I finally decided to use the airconditioner condensor that came with my half cut.

I can mount it in front of the radiator, which means it does not need separate fans to cool it. As it is in front of the radiator it will get the coldest air available.

I will have the inlet and outlet replaced by 3/4" pipes in lieu of the 1/2" currently on the condensor. The condensor will hold the pressure easilly and some anti-freeze will stop it corroding.

It will need a header tank and pump to work but it all looks pretty straight forward.

Can anyone see any reason why this should not work.

Yeh work pretty well I think, I've seen a lot of water/air intercoolers use a/c condensors. Though if the intake/water temp get excessive it wouldnt be that hard to add a small thermo fan, especially if you get stuck in traffic on a hot aussie day.

The car has twin AU Falcon thermo fans now.

I think I will link them to two temp sensors.

One in the normal cooling system the other on the intercooler.

Whichever one kicks in first will run both fans.