Intake manifold pic help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

OK so maybe a year ago we where having an intake manifold discussion and someone posted pics of a hand made SR20(i think) intake manifold, if I'm remembering correctly it was an Australian company that made it, and it had a very compound curved shape. IE: not a tube with flat ends. it looked more like a work of art. Ive gone though all the threads, and some of the pics where missing so i may have looked at the right thread but the image is gone.

I'm hoping someone knows what I'm talking about and can help out. with a pic, link or name of the company. thanks.

Are you looking for the one made for a SC'd UZ that has a forward facing inlet? If that's the one, it's in the thread "Norwegian Drift Car"

No im talking about a manufacured product that is for sale for i think SR20s it was posted as an example of a nice manifold, it wasnt for our cars. the Norwegian drift car intake isnt a compound curve shape.

but i think i found it. right after giving up and posting this question.

Hey guys we built those intake plenums your talking about here in Sydney.

They use two of our Honda F20c intake manifolds, modified of course.

We have now made 530Hp at the wheels on 16psi, still stock motor just with valve springs.

Cheers

Ben

Hey Turbo... did you grab those manifold from a Honda ITB??? I hear if you can find a cheap ITB manifold engineered for a 2.0L it will work. I keep wanting to make a sealed ITB manifold to allow a blower too. This would DEFINENTLY require an EMS right?

No, ITB has been done with the stock ECU but took ALOT of tweaking to get it working well.

Just for comparison, i made 536rwhp with the stock manifold (completely stock engine) on 17psi (twin turbo versus Turbo4L big single).

Add some decent cams!!!!
17 PSI on stock valve springs ??? Would very much on there limit..
Single turbo tend to have more top end power..
But there's heaps of variables...

Yup stock everything. I think you are right on the valve springs...although i did run 25psi there when the SC was on remember. There was a hint of something going on and i suspect it was valve float?

Spf we make inlet plenums all day everyday for work. www.hypertune.net
The website is just about to be updated.
ITB's are no good for forced induction, when using small diameter TB's

Thats why we make single TB GTR plenums.