Impressive race video...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

We have here a 1000whp Cobra, C6 Vette (boosted?), and two Turbo'd and sprayed GSXR1000 bikes.. This is one of the better race videos I have seen...Clarity, sound and visual...

Guess who won?...Drrrr. No contest really...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1000whp-cobra-vs-03-GSXR_198022.htm

Anyway, I found this video to be amusing as it brought back some old memories...Built crotch rockets are simply impossible to beat on the streets...:eek5: I know this because I once owned a GSXR1000 semi drag bike, stretched, lowered, bored, jetted, single open exhaust, fat sticky rear tire... I couldn't hammer that bike in the first two gears or else it would pop up or spin out... Crazy fast, infact never lost a race to a car or any other bike for that matter during the time I owned it....... I would have loved to jump in on that race with my old bike to see how I would have faired....

I bet even with that extended swing arm/lowering that the first few gears on that bike are useless still....

Those bikes must be insanely scary to ride. I just got my first bike a few weekends ago... Honda 599... 85 hp to the wheels is enough for me.

Yeah 91 4x4runner, yes, those two bikes would really be scary to ride at full potential...I really can't comprehend turbo's and nitrous on 1000cc bikes.. The ecceleration on a newer N/A 1000cc bike alone pulls very well but with turbo's and or two stage nitrous, that's just crazy fast...

I remember for the longest time I was really afraid to push my bike to it's full potential on a straight in the first three gears.. I had to gradually get use to the massive power and pull of that bike and really grow a pair....My friend whom had many years of experience on race bikes would just hop on my bike and just hammer it with confidence...Rear wheel spinning in first and the front wheel rising in second gear was no problem for him as I would look on in amazement... Finally, I said to hell with it, and just started to go for it.. I would lean way forward at first so that my weight was in the front of the bike and the back wheel would spin while I tried to master the throttle. Once I got that down I started to lean back on the bike some and that is when I really moved.. Mastering the throttle in the first three gears during full acceleration was the key to speed.. It's all a matter of time and getting use to it really, although my old geezer was really scary even after a year of getting use to it.. That's my experience on a fast bike...

I've still yet too experience a really really fast car though... Like a 600whp monster or something of that nature... One day soon I hope...

It was said those bikes run most likely in the low 8's from the reads related to that race... I pulled that link off another forum and that was the discussion, what they could do in the quarter....... Now low 8's is simply smoke'n on the streets..

Now get a car now that runs in the low 8's and is also a daily driver and forget bout it!!!

Infact the owners just chimed in on the thread and said the 1000whp Cobra ran a 9.82@149 and one of the bikes ran a 8.8@155... That's one of the fastest Ford Cobra's I have ever seen....

Obviously, the one that ran the 8.8 is the stretched and lowered (and turbo'd) one.....

It takes alot more work to beat the power to weight ratio of a bike... It takes even more though to beat a modded bike.

Until it rains or oil, slippery patch on road !!! Plus I hate to say but those guys are temporary Americans....
On the bikes.. Wish them all the luck...

Yep, I remember having countless close calls on the bikes in years past... Let me share a few of my close encounters with near death... Here goes a long read, hope I don't bore anyone....:sleeping:

1) I remember hitting a corner at a high speed on my CBR900 and hit a barely visable loose dirt patch on the turn. The back wheel slid just a tiny bit then grabbed and the next thing I know the backend started bouncing like crazy and off the road I went... Luckily there was a heavy grass patch and not railing as I went down hard and fast and rolled like a bowling ball for quite a ways... No real damage to me, maybe a few scrapes and bruises..The bike suffered a bit though, handle bars, cracked farings, broken foot pegs, bent shifter, etc......:hypnotized:

2) This was the turning point for me and bikes...Cruising on the freeway at around 65mph and a fairly heavy plastic patio chair instantly without warning fly's off the back of a pic up truck right in front of me. I swerve quickly but cannot fully avoid this pastic patio chair coming at me as it lodges and gets stuck just past my front wheel.. It got hooked on a peg or faring or something as I am still going 65mph, Yipes!!!!...Amazingly, I was still riding straight but this chair was scraping, and making a horrible noise almost causing me to crash, I start kicking the hell out of it to dislodge it and luckily it comes loose and fly's away...It probably hits a speeding car behind me, I didn't look back to find out..... My heart was racing as that would have been the end of me if I went down, as many cars were right behind me.. God was looking over me on that one I think...:yikes: That was a scary one for me...

3) This one is a bit crazy... Stopped traffic and I am flying up the middle between car being impatient, young and stupid.. 15-20 meters or so out of nowhere a guy opens his driver side door I guess to get something out of his trunk..I was going maybe 40-50mph and there was no where to go except thru this car door of his.. I panic, hit both brakes hard and lock both tires.. The back of the bike rises, and I brake so hard and fast the bike actually almost stops completely before striking the door... The guys pulls his leg back in the car at the last fraction of a second and I slam his door.. I fly forward bashing my legs and nuts on the front of my bike and bars... I don't go down though, but I was in pain... The guys door was bent fully in front, hinges were bent like crazy.. The guy was panic'd bigtime and appologized.. Said Man I did not see you coming!!!! I said don't sweat it, unless I can't have kids anymore after this... Bike was ok and I went on my way with a sore pair of balls.. The guy could not close his door and don't know what happen to him..:boggled:

4) Gunning my GSXR drag bike and going about 80mph when and all of the sudden the ground got very bumby or uneven or something...Anyway the handle bars start slapping all the way back and forth, one side to another...and I can't stop it with all my muscle and strength... Slap, slap, slap, loud and fast... The front wheel is violently turning back and forth as fast as you can see it while the bike is still moving in a straight direction.. I slow and the violent slapping subsides... I don't go down.. That was the first time I experiences handle bar slapping at high speed.. ..WOW, and again the heart was racing!!! Had to stop the bike, and take a breather...:scared:

I got a new dampener shock and that never happened again...

I don't ride bikes anymore because there is too much traffic in LA, Cali. and too many careless idiots behind the wheels of cars... Not only do you have to worry about driver error but all the other cars and idiots on the road... No more rice burners for me, maybe one day I could see myself riding a Harley Davidson motorcycle up the coast with a fine honey on the back... That would be it for me as far as bikes go...:smoker:

End of story....