Idle air control unit

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

PM

Hi,

are the IAC units 22270-50010 and 22270-50020 from the later models are interchangeable ?

I don't need the complete assembly, just the black, round motor housing as one of the 3 screwholes is broken.

the plug for the wire is the same ?

thanks
Heiko

If its one of the later model ones that seems to be a cast unit that can't be pulled apart then no, they are physically different sizes, as well as being electrically different.

However I don't know the part number or the year of the later model one I had, I just know it now serves as a good paperweight.

god i threw some out

ive had to fix 5 seized 1uz idle motrs in past year

all the 1uzs at work that are purely for parts have missing idle motors

dont fit a later modle non repairable unit thou

ill back in the shop on fri ill go thru the boxes of spares see if i kept any

sorry for the late reply, been in the us for a couple of weeks.

bought ring & pinion 4.10 for my grand cherokee which works much better with the 1UZ engine and gearbox. original was 3.73 - not good !

anyway , if anybody got a ISC motorhousing. old model 90/91/92. The one you can pull apart ! don't need the motor , bearings , spring etc. just the round black housing as my one is broken at one of the 3 screw holes. glued and siliconed it. don't know how long it will hold .

live in Thailand !

thanks
Heiko

Madmont, that is great to know, will they fit physically (on the plenum) as well as electrically (wiring) on both the older 1uz (1990-1995) and the newer 1uz (the pre-vvti 1996-1998)?

(sorry for the hijack)

Newer ones are NOT electrically compatible with the older ecu's.

Attachments

• enginelhs.jpg
    enginelhs.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 224
  • enginerhs.jpg
    enginerhs.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 223
  • flywheel.jpg
    flywheel.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 222
  • 10in clutch.jpg
    10in clutch.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 218
  • clutch setup.jpg
    clutch setup.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 217
  • hyd release bearing.jpg
    hyd release bearing.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 215
hey peewee, do you mean the later VVTI 1uz's (1999+) or the 1995 to 1997 1uz's?

And what models are compatible with the 7mge ISC's (if any...)?

thanks

Nah, the later non-vvti's. They look very similar, but are 2 piece instead of 3 piece, and a little bit larger.

The early ones should be the same as 7mge, never personally compared though.

Madmont, that is great to know, will they fit physically (on the plenum) as well as electrically (wiring) on both the older 1uz (1990-1995) and the newer 1uz (the pre-vvti 1996-1998)?

(sorry for the hijack)

Will not fit on the plenum but the motor part will fit the housing. plug is the same