I have $1000 to spend on exhaust

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Guts

Got 2nd at a 4x4 comp and one of the prizes is $1000 of exhaust work. It just so happens that my hilux is in bad need of a new one.

What extractors can I get that will fit on the 1uz when in a hilux?
What size is best suited to this motor?
Tell me what you think would be the best setup for $1000.

my system come in at under $1000 thou it was at trade price. It is a single 2 1/2 system with single high flow cat and singlr straight through muffler. Running crown headers as they where the only ones that would fit without going custom.

I like my system, pulls well from the bottom as is not noisy while cruising

Attachments

• JDM Motor 004a.jpg
    JDM Motor 004a.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 5
Guts said:
Got 2nd at a 4x4 comp and one of the prizes is $1000 of exhaust work. It just so happens that my hilux is in bad need of a new one.

What extractors can I get that will fit on the 1uz when in a hilux?
What size is best suited to this motor?
Tell me what you think would be the best setup for $1000.
You can get an after-header exhaust system for under $1000 at a qualified exhaust shop. The best bet is to buy the mufflers and catalytic converters on Ebay and bring them to a shop for fabrication. Of course, the currency and prices are different between 2 countries. In the U.S., $400 can be done like I said.

Don`t need cat as the one I have is a high flow and only 5000ks old. Muffler is good but if I can get one the same but small would be better. The sound out of the current setup is sweet. Just all the mounts are stuffed and I want to get it flowing as good as possible for the $$$$$ I have. Hence why I want extractors.

What headers have you got?

The LS400/Celsior headers (look something like this)
crown-headers.jpg

would flow almost as good as extractors, unless you have cams/headwork/blockwork.
If you have those headers, I'd just get a nice header-back system.

If however you have the early Crown log manifolds, then its worth either fitting the above headers, or getting custom extractors (~$1500, IF a place knows what they are doing)