Hydro fan wiring problem.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yes I am aware there is a seperate ECU its the input from the AC ecu I had the question about. I like the hydro setup it much quieter than electic fans plus flows a ton of air. I think I came up with what the input signal is it looks like the signal is a 12v when the AC is on so I can tap into the AC clutch relay on the compressor side and get the signal I need. Thanks for looking but I think I am OK.
I was originally planning to go with electrics and have the other pulley setup from a LS already if it comes to that but I prefer this setup if it will work.
Cary
The electric fans actually pull out more air than the hydro fan. There're several hi-flow fans out there. After I swapped in the electric fans, the temperature dropped about 1/2 mm comparing to stock. I only use two 12" fans, which are relatively small. But if I drop in two 14", then it'll be a lot cooler. I can only hear the fans working from the outside of the car. I don't hear anything inside the driving cockpit.

I use the hydro fan in my Crown … it is better than the electrical fan because it is more quite also give your battery more life !!

Don't connect the wire with the AC clutch (12V)…. Because it will run hard and make a lot of load and may be get damage after 1 month ?? I try that before !!

It is work between 5V to 10V I think . Depend on the temperature

I connect it to DC to DC adapter at 5V operated on thermo sensor on 87C .

fan

Hello there, Did you work out what the cool wire did , cant seem to work out what the wire does either ,i thought it comes from the charge signal originally as the color of my cool wire was the same as the chg wire and the A/C ecu does get a chg pulse also , but then i though it will allready know when the engine is running as it has the tach signal .
If you get a JZX81 A/C ecu it will have the cool output as this model had the hydro fan setup
Dave

fan ecu

I dont think it would be a variable signal as the fan ecu reads the water temp and when the A/C pressure is high so it makes sense to just have a A/C on pulse .
The fan must run harder with the A/C on of course, the amount of heat the condensor gives off using R134 A is huge on a hot day.
Anyways i am leaving this wire disconected until i can work out exactly what it does .
I,ll have to wait until a soarer or V6 camry comes into the workshop for service and then i,ll scope up the wire
Dave

Here is the schematic of the system for those that might need it. I got a PM from someone that may need it at least.
Its for a US 92 SC400. His colors are different from what he said so keep that in mind.
Cary

hydrofansc40092wr3.jpg

The picture for the schematic dose not appear !! Can you post it again ..

fan

it apperars when i look at it , and it even appears in your post , how are you using the fan ecu , or dont u use one with your crown , if you vary the voltage into the fan ecu temp sendor input u can vary the fan speed. But this cool wire is the mystry for now
Dave

Attachments

• R0010213.JPG
    R0010213.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 3
  • R0010214.JPG
    R0010214.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 3