How to ditch the hydro fan in an sc400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xspsi6

I have been searching this but no solid answers so since the ls400 has an electric fan set up could I rob parts from one of those in the yard?

I plan to procharge the sc400 and would like the added room of the hydro fan delete.

I think this has been done for a Supra and it worked out well. If you're a member, you might have a look over on www.supraforums.com and see what you can find.

If it worked out OK on a 500+ HP Supra, it should be fine on a blown SC.

It's also been done in my Surf. Ex UZZ31 motor with OEM ECU. No cooling fan computer and no code 56. But on the bottle for the oil for the hydro fan there is a level sensor which should have a blue wire on one side, if not one wire will got to ground and the other will go to the ECU. Trace the one for the ECU back to the ECU and ground it and no code 56. As for the pump pull that and throw it away, use a Crown or Tundra type fan idler and its pulley and don't worry about anything else

Oh sorry I was thinking of the a/c fans but yea mechanical fan would be ideal so is it possible to swap the ls set up to the sc with a supra radiator? or is my line of thinking way off here?

On my LS, there are (were) 3 fans. Two electric, and on hydro. I just took off the fan bracket, milled off the whole pulley and put it back on with a shorter belt. Easier method is just take the fan off, and put the nuts back on.. easy peasy. Not sure there is any real reason to that though (except in my case where I race it).

I think this has been done for a Supra and it worked out well. If you're a member, you might have a look over on www.supraforums.com and see what you can find.

If it worked out OK on a 500+ HP Supra, it should be fine on a blown SC.

I did this for a short while also before eliminating the mechanical fan completely and went to electric fans. Now the pulley just sits there till I can come up with a good looking delete.