Hydraulic fan wiring question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cuh8er

Hi,
I have recently been trying to sort the wiring to the hydraulic fan in my UZZ31 engined Landcruiser but am having no real luck finding any wiring diagrams for it.

I have these diagrams http://lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=62433&postcount=6 but they don't match at all my loom so I can't marry the two together.

This thread
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7097&highlight=hydraulic+fan says there isn't even a solenoid to control the fan speed.

Worst case if I can't get the fan to work with the fan 'computer', then i'll just bring the solenoid in with a Tridon thermo switch.

So, my questions at this point are
1. Is there a soleniod (I am thinking there must be) and
2. where does the wiring from it go so I can hard wire it?

Cheers everyone

1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]There is solenoid controlling the pressures via input voltage.​
2)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Its two green wires as I remember goes from the pump to the plugs near to the ECU.​
For my car I brought DC-to-DC adapter to get 5V and wire it directly via thermo switch and relay.​

1)There is solenoid controlling the pressures via input voltage.​

2)Its two green wires as I remember goes from the pump to the plugs near to the ECU.​

For my car I brought DC-to-DC adapter to get 5V and wire it directly via thermo switch and relay.​

So it's a 0V-5V signal is it? Not 0V-12V?
Not as simple as just switching 12V to the solenoid then.

I need to know exactly which 2 wires they are.
And on what plugs.

Cheers

Can you (or someone) confirm the location of the solenoid on the engine?
Is it the round black thing above and to the right of the high pressure hydraulic fitting? Or is that an oil pressure switch?

Just as a bit of a sidetrack, I would be interested if you do work out the wiring, as we have an ls400 fan ecu in our hilux and it also appears to be different from the soarer info you linked too.

We have our fan wired up to the fan ecu with a manual override switch. The fan ecu doesn't appear to be wired up right as the fan never kicks in, unless we switch our override switch to 'on'. I'm not to sure how our sparkie set things up so don't know how the solenoid works exactly. But I might go check it out for you sometime this week if you like?

Jeremy,
That image you posted makes you a deadset legend mate.
Answers all my questions thanks.

RE the wiring, without electrical drawings that match and are accurate, attempting to wire it as per factory will be difficult.

I will have another crack at it however, as I can now bell out the solenoid wires. Means atleast 2 of the 10 wires are accounted for.

Another potential problem will be the inputs to the fan ECU. I'm not running an auto and will need to fudge the signal somehow.

Thanks again