How to create straight piping on 1uzfe?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I am curious to find out how to create seperate exhaust flow on a 1uz-fe? I know at stock you must have the exhaust systems cross, so I am wondering what is involved in creating staight pipes to complement the 1uzfe motor with the stock ECU?

no idea, but i know every time i've ever emailed burn's stainless asking for their best designs on various engine types it's always gone X pipe, large Y pipe, H pipe (straight with a crossover), straight pipe. AFA general power production.

Well I know it can be done, via side exhaust or just straights...

I guess it time to use the search function...

Some of the 1uz-fe powered Shelby Cobra replica owners on this forum have the side exhaust flowing...Maybe I will shoot them a PM and try and get some info on this...

If running a NA application you can have true dual exhaust set ups you just need to wire in the cats properly so the ecu doent think the cat has failed. The x pipe configuration is very benificial to na engines because the next cylinders fire on the opposite side of the block. So as the exhaust gasses pass through the x it creates a vaccuum on the non firing side this helps scavange the exhaust out when that side does fire. Same thing with a cross over and a y. The x is the most efficient though. Alot of the old muscle guys that have straigt pipes are often supercharged / turbo engines this allows for less resistance in the exhaust system aiding in hp increases.

Run a turbo system and you can have a true dual exhaust system with no problem. I'm currently having 2 separate exhaust pipes right after the downpine.

This is still a completely different animal from what Jibby is describing.

True duals that do not cross coming from each header is significantly different from a Y-Pipe coming from a turbo. In one case, half of the exhaust gases are traveling down each pipe exclusively. In the other, all of the exhaust gases are being split down a pair of pipes.

Being someone so committed to performance, Jibby, I would not suggest this maneuver. If you are considering replumbing your exhaust, 2.25" mandrel bent piping using an X Crossover would be excellent for exhaust flow. You would neither be choking the exhaust at full throttle (even with nitrous) nor would you be giving the exhaust gases so much space that they get lost and present backpressure on the low end.

Ursus gave an excellent explanation as to why some sort of crossover is important. In terms of performance, there is no doubt that you would be better off with the cross over than not. Even in terms of sound, the cross-over allows the mufflers to exude a V8 tone. Without a cross-over, each tailpipe would sound like a 2L Celica: disaster.

Thanks fellas.... Yeah, I am not planning on reworking my already hi-flowing X exhaust system..

The thing is that I have always had seperate exhaust pipes on all my previous V8 cars for the last 20 years...SBC, to Pontiac's, etc... So I have this in my head that straight pipes are the best (or side exhaust).. So I was just curious why the 1uz's are so different with this crossover system, why, and what will it take to not crossover...Questions answered thanks....