Mysterious piping

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mykel

Well, they're mysterious to me! I have three questions in the following:

I can't seem to find any reference to these pipes anywhere on this forum, although I'm sure I've missed something ... what do the lines in the photo do? They exit low in front of the oil filter mount. See attached pics.

I thought these pipes might indicate the once-upon-a-time presence of an oil cooler, but I came across threads with people asking about coolers and where to install -- so I assume these pipes are not for a cooler. Also, there seems to be a big size difference between inlet-outlet (or outlet-inlet if you prefer) and the larger of the two pipes has only a hose clamp -- in my mind, not very secure for high-pressure/high-temp oil lines.

Q1: I have two 1UZs and both have the piping. Can someone tell me what they are for please?

Q2: Also: how do you get the larger of these pipes off? Once you have the single bolt off (easy), there appears to be a grub screw holding something in place internally. Only problem is that, on both motors, the grub doesn't appear to have any means of undoing it (no hex head, for example). Red arrows on the pics point to it.

Q3: Also: Have attached another pic of the back of the intake plenum (IMG9123.jpg) -- what does this pipe do? One motor (UCF20) has it, the other (UZZ30) does not.

Cheers in advance,
Mike

Attachments

• 1uz_oil_lines.jpg
    1uz_oil_lines.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_91242.jpg
    IMG_91242.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9123.jpg
    IMG_9123.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 11
The pipes are for the hydraulic fan pump. one of the photos shows that the pump has been removed. To remove the pipe undo the bolt and the pipe will pry out. It will have the o-ring holding it in place

The hose on the back of the plenium goes to the brake booster. Some don't have the banjo fitting as the have an electically assisted brake system.

Cheers

Thanks Gloverman! So these pipes are no longer necessary, and I can simply plug them up with properly sized bolts - correct?

Also do you know any reputable folks in Christchurch who could help out with wiring, someone who has done it before? I'm putting the motor in a Hiace. The engine I have has its loom intact (minus a couple of damaged plugs), plus I'm running just the standard auto and I'm not modding the engine, but I'm simply running out of time to do the work myself (which would probably cost me more in the long run anyway). Can you recommend anyone here?

Many thanks for your help
Mike

Hello Mike. Ive done a few hiace. Got two here at the moment. I take the pipes out and leave the holes open. If you peal the loom out and send it to me we wire with relays and fuses ready to fit into the van. easy and we do heaps. work phone is 078479969. I have a couple of workshops I supply parts to down there but no really confident lexus wiring guys sorry. Cheers Kelvin