how to connect up a wastegate

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

krayn

Hi guys,
I'm having trouble connecting up my waste gate. It did not come with instructions. On it there are two points where there is provision for a hose to be connected, one on the top and one on the bottom of the diaphrame. I assume that the one on the bottom connects to the output of the turbo, or the boost side, but where does the hose connection go to on the top of the gate??? Is this used when connected to an electronic boost controller, to help keep the gate shut? How can I test what boost pressure the gate will open. Any help appeciated. Kris.

LInk to pic of wastegate:

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2177

krayn said:
Hi guys,
I'm having trouble connecting up my waste gate. It did not come with instructions. On it there are two points where there is provision for a hose to be connected, one on the top and one on the bottom of the diaphrame. I assume that the one on the bottom connects to the output of the turbo, or the boost side, but where does the hose connection go to on the top of the gate??? Is this used when connected to an electronic boost controller, to help keep the gate shut? How can I test what boost pressure the gate will open. Any help appeciated. Kris.

LInk to pic of wastegate:

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2177
I can't find any pic followed with the link. Perhaps you can create a separate link with the pic of the wastegate only. Anyway, is this an internal or external wastegate?

krayn said:
External gate. Pic is located in second last post.
Although I couldn't see the pic clearly, the usual installation of it is similar to as you've mentioned. If you only use the wastegate by itself, connect the bottom boost sensing line to the turbo compressor side or the manifold plenum vacuum source. And then plug the top line with a filter vent or connect it to the air intake pipe after the filter. This top line is to be used with an electronic boost controller device. You need a boost gauge to know how much boost you're running. You can either connect this boost gauge to the turbo compressor as a T with the wastegate, or connect it to a vacucum source after the throttle body. This way, you can see the vacuum or boost depending on the RPM. There's always an instruction come with the boost gauge.