Excuse my ignorance - how does this turbo connect?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
ah, alrighty, so, I dont need a dump pipe? just a 3inch stainless exhaust bent to line up with the turbo, and one of those clamps welded on?

whats the reason for using this method?

thanks.

better seal. easier dissasembly.

ok, what's your definition of a dump pipe?

I dont know! :p lol, normally, with a turbo, you have a specific dump pipe, that you can buy to match the turbo, with the correct flange and stuff.

I'm guessing in this situation, I dont need one, and, the pipe coming off the turbo, could just be the same length of pipe, bent to connect to the cat convertor?

You do know that you'll need an external wastegate with this turbo, right?

YUP!!!

oh yeah, that was another question... what triggers the wastegate? is it just the exhaust pressure? or does it have a vacuum line going to the something... lol

and how does one go about selling up the wastegate? I see them listed as 12psi, or 15psi, are these adjustable? what do I need if I'm looking to run about 20psi of boost?

thanks again!

Wastegates run off of springs, the spring pressure keeps it closed unitll the presscribed boost pressure is reached.

Or you can hook up an electronic boost controller that lets you adjust the boost controller from inside the car and run at higher boost pressures than that which the spring is designed for.

For instance my wastegate has a 6psi spring in it, that means that the bare minimum boost I can run is 6psi.

but with my EBC I can increase the boost as high as I need normally around 17psi

Wastegates run off of springs, the spring pressure keeps it closed unitll the presscribed boost pressure is reached.

Or you can hook up an electronic boost controller that lets you adjust the boost controller from inside the car and run at higher boost pressures than that which the spring is designed for.

For instance my wastegate has a 6psi spring in it, that means that the bare minimum boost I can run is 6psi.

but with my EBC I can increase the boost as high as I need normally around 17psi

alrighty then, thanks :)

how is the boost release pressure increased? is it only certain wastegates that allow that?

I'm probably going to get a 50mm wastegate, with 12psi spring...

I guess... lol