HOW DO YOU ADJUST IGNITION TIMING?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LS400GUY

I've noticed on my OBD2 (active mode), my ignition timing is at 18-19 degrees BTDC on my '95 LS400, I know the timing should be in the 8-12 degree BTDC range. The shop manual instructs on how to check with a timing light, but it doesn't instruct on how to adjust. We have a lot of sharp Lex techs on this board, your help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm also thinking that's why the car lags on acceleration. All thoughts and comments are welcomed. TIA.

LS400GUY

Normal idle timing is around 17 so 18/19 will be fine. Base timing is 10 degrees. Base timing is with Te1 and E1 bridged in the diagnostic box. There is no nornal way to adjust the base setting on these motors. Cheers

Normal idle timing is around 17 so 18/19 will be fine. Base timing is 10 degrees. Base timing is with Te1 and E1 bridged in the diagnostic box. There is no nornal way to adjust the base setting on these motors. Cheers

Thanks glove, I'm inclined now to think the only thing wrong with this car is 13 yrs of neglect. I owned it for only a year and I'm bringing back to new-like condition with my personal top tier maintenance. Wow, what a difference seafoaming has made! Cheers.

LS400GUY