TPS HOW TO ADJUST??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

For the longest time I thought my fuel pump was over-worked from my supercharger but it was not the case. I was adjusting mine today and the hesitation i'm used to changed for the better but can't figure out which way to go. I remember tweaking my TPS for the charger but now that it's N/A again I don't have a mark to put back to. Anyone know how to properly find the "sweet spot"?? I was hoping it wasn't trial and error.

It would be easy if the unit had a simple left-right movement but it has this for 2 screws. Each screw boss is in an oval shape for adjustment, it makes it impossible to get a close accurate spot.

-Should both screws be centered in the middle? should they be on opposite
ends? should thy be totally up or down? Any info would help.

What's going with your supercharger? No more boosting? :bigeyes: Anyway, I think the TPS is adjusted by the voltage but not by the location. You have to connect the voltage tester probes to the TPS and turn the TPS untill you get the correct voltage specific by the manufacturer's spec. I don't have the manual now, but I'll look it up.

Yeah found a thread on it, I guess I need a multimeter? I have one but jve never used it. So basically mount the TPS loosely and turn until the ohm reading zero's out? thats's what Lexls.com says. He also stated it could be done manually by just increasing the base adjustment until my idle hits 650 + or - 50rpm

As for the blower yeah i'm not boosting right now. I have no backup, what I mean by that is if anything happens to my car i'm SOL. I don't know a single person in Colorado so I need to make sure my heads are tightened 1st and this TPS sorted out. I managed to finish my passenger side today and plan for driver next week. This time I finish torque at 75ft/lb so we'll see how this plays out. Dude I want my power back! I have fuel cutoff issues w/ my TPS so I have been driving her like a grandma for the last 3 weeks.

On some cars its under 1 Volt at idle.. So set idle speed than adjust TPS to say ?? .95 volts at idle.. Natually turning idle speed up changes TPS voltage.. Measuring from TPS out wire to battery ground..

Just make sure the throttle plate is 100% closed (ie not gummed open a little bit) and then adjust the TPS so that the IDL pin is continuous to the E2 pin when the throttle is closed, and open circuit when the throttle is just cracked.

Don't worry about any voltages, the IDL contact is the really important one.