Home Made Air Filter With Pride

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Here is my biggest investment. I spent $2.50 for this. Got a kitchen tools from a local general store and reduce the size and fit it to the GT40 Compressor with 4" inlet.. Here are some pictures of the initial grill. By the way, the grill is stainless steel. I was going to get the HKS air filter, but its $100 usd. Ouch...

Here is another $2.50 i spent. The second layer will be the out cover. I will have a piece of thin foam between the two grills. $5.00 for the grill and $2.00 for the foam. $7.00 total and very high flow.

I am interested in function rather than look. HKS 4" Filter is too much. $100. I also think this grill also have a cool factor involved.

David,

I like it.

Doing it yourself is so much more satisfying than going down the streeet and buying it.

If I don't build it myself I don't see the point in saying "it's mine" or "I did it".

Seriously, that´s very creative but.... sort of blaspheme ;)

Filter area is WAY TO SMALL and is quite a fine restrictor.. and the "bars" in front of the turbos intake will do the same by obstructing the inlet and also causing SERIOUS turbulence, effectivley reducing the effective inlet area.

Look at other filters, OEM/Aftermarket they all have what´s it called? - well, I mean a big peace of filter matierial that´s folded or a porous foam, so it has the most area on a given volume.

Not spending the $100 on proper filters and using a restrictive solution like that one, will effectivley reduce the rest of your expensive tuning project to the equivalent of a less expensive project regarding performance, what I´m trying to say is that you have spent money on other parts that won´t deliver it´s true potential if you save that $100.

Cobolt,

If you think your English needs help what about the rest of us? Our Swedish is non-existent.

You're doing fine.

Keep up the good work.

its not bad actually, but yeh it will make lots of turbulence. also, its gonna suck hot air in from under the bonnet, run a pipe to somewhere outside the enginebay

Zuffen said:
Cobolt,

If you think your English needs help what about the rest of us? Our Swedish is non-existent.

You're doing fine.

Keep up the good work.
Ha ha ha ha

I have been laughing out loud for ages and managed to chuck coffee over my keyboard as to be honest Cobalt's use of English and grammer is sometimes far superior to some of the other posters for whom English is their first language!!!!!

I know we all rush sometimes and bash out one line quick emails, but please some of you, just double check what you've typed as sometimes I read a post and think '**** me is this guy from Mars???' as it takes 10 times longer to decipher and read!
icon_wink.gif

Or....... maybe there is a unique global affinity between 1UZ lovers with broken keyboards and dyslexia??? ha ha

I await being brutally shot down in flames at my next spolling or grammer mistoke~!
icon_wink.gif

Cheers
M

Attachments

• ohm.jpg
    ohm.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 245
Skid,

I think you've missed the real reason for the poor posts.

A few of us have a beer, wine, spirit, or whatever your taste is, by the keyboard. Booze makes the creative juices flow but knackers the ability to type straight.

But yes you're right some of the butchered grammar can be a puzzle to sort out.

Zuffen said:
Skid,

I think you've missed the real reason for the poor posts.

A few of us have a beer, wine, spirit, or whatever your taste is, by the keyboard. Booze makes the creative juices flow but knackers the ability to type straight.

But yes you're right some of the butchered grammar can be a puzzle to sort out.
Alcohol induced keyboard bashing? Yup I can just picture that! ;o)

Didn't occur at first as I only use the computer at work and can't really get away with that sort of thing. The most confusing I get on a keyboard is one too many coffees giving me the shakes! ha ha

M