Hilux A340 to Lexus Output shaft conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Udlman

I am at that stage in my conversion to start working on the auto. What I would like to know is, is there any benefit to replacing the Lexus auto output shaft with the Hilux one, or is it easier to just cut the shaft to the length and go with that??

Cheers, Brad.

is this for a transfer mod or just for tailshaft

if its 2wd keep all auto std and spend extra money for proper tailshaft

if u blow auto then need to replace it it then becomes expensive

I assume you are fitting this into a 4wd. I see no point in dismantling 2 autos to swap the shafts when you can simply cut the original with a grinder.
Ric

This is a lexus auto with a 2003 3.4 liter V6 tundra output. I bought the tundra tranny for the tail housing and the deeper pan. When I pulled it apart I found that the output had the same 4 prong rotor that the lexus had. The spacing was the same as the lexus so I decided to use the tundra output instead of cutting down the lexus.

I mainly did this because of the rotor as it seemed getting the lexus one to work would be a pain. Swaping the outputs is not that hard if you take your time and keep everything in order.

In the US the 90's 3.4 liter trannys came with a two prong speed sensor rotor and I'm not sure when they switched over to the 4 prong. If you could find one of these trannys you could swap the input, oilpump, And torque converter from the lexus onto it. I bought mine for cheap as a core so I used the lexus tranny even though it was a little more work.

2003 tundra 3.4 V6. Other newer 3.4s are probably the same.

tranny004.jpg

lexus tranny with tundra output installed.

tranny011.jpg

Lexus tranny with tundra tailhousing and deeper pan.

tranny026.jpg

Inchworm auto tranny to gear driven transfercase adapter.

tranny021.jpg

HI,
I'm putting a 1uz-fe in to a hilux surf 4wd, i want to run auto box in it,
i got the original v8 box as well as a 92 surf auto box with transfer case.
i want to run the v8 auto, and bolt up the transfer case to it, at the moment i cant do so cause the output shaft is different. can i somehow modify/cutdown the lexus output shaft so it will bolt up to the transfer case? if so whats involved and is it fairly straight forward?

the 4wd output shafts have different oiling holes to feed the transfer bearing ... its quite funny .. in all the adaptions ive seen done .. noone has ever picked up on that