High RPM? need solid lifters

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
They are 31mm Dia. and will not work with the std length valves.Max thickeness
is 5.74mm .

For those that don't know the 1UZ does not run conventional lifters (like hydraulic lifters)

People may have heard them being called shims and buckets.

In the 1UZ the bucket goes on the valve, and then the shim sits between the bucket and the cam.

At high rpm/high ramp/high lift this shim has a tendency to be dislodged/spat out.
So you need to do a shim UNDER bucket conversion. (ie shim goes between the bucket and the valve.

Now, with the 1NZFE motor, they run SHIMLESS buckets, ie the bucket IS the shim as well. Obviously it will be much harder to spit one of these out.

They are available for about $10aud each if you know the right people.

They will NOT work with the std valves.The o/all thickness of the std bucket and shim is over the 7.4mm mark .The thickest shimless bucket is 5.74mm.
Please set me right and $10 AUD. for new toyota buckets.W.T.

Up-date on shim-less bucket. I have just fitted a set to the exhaust side of my 1uz. The shimless bucket works spot on when used with the longer 2jzgte exhaust valves , but the inlet fitted with std valves are 2mm to short and with 2jz valves 1.5 mm to long.Before anyone asks why do only the exhaust.I had fitted the larger exhaust valves and was no happy running the supra bucket with a 3.25 shim.The cams I am and running have longer duration on the exhaust side which will make it more likley to spit a shim on the exhaust side. Note that the supra bucket is all steel with a larger dia. shim the 1uz is alloy with a crimped steel wear pad and a smaller shim dia.(Stronger but similar weight)also the bare supra bucket is a couple of mm thinner.

dass said:
I am and running have longer duration on the exhaust side which will make it more likley to spit a shim on the exhaust side.
longer duration at the same lift is actually LESS likely to spit a shim ;)

Is that right. Lift is not the problem .It has do with the side of the cam and the edge of the shim .EG cam profile and duration. Talk to Kelfords if you need more info on the subject.The reasons for me was I did not like the heavy 3.25 mm shims and I all ready had custom springs , retainers and supra exhaust valves or I would have just went to shim under set-up.

its about the acceleration profile of the grind and the dia of the base circle. for a given base circle, longer duration, same lift, = slower acceleration = less likely to spit shims.

increase in rpm does increase risk too, but youve only done the exhaust

I wasn't asking for permission ,I was just suppling some info. that may be of use to someone else.There has been much talk about Supra valves, shimless buckets
supra springs. ETC.(here and on V8.com) Thought this info would be helpful. Note: Some of the performance springs have a larger O.D and require the matching Performance retainer.
Cheers big ears.

The performane spring spring from the group buy on v8 com. have an I.d of .74" compared the .71" of the std spring .IMO needs to be used with performance retainer PET 1020. Its fits like a cock in a sock on the std retainer.

um, i wasnt offering permission, just providing information too ! :)

and those valve springs you mention do have a larger ID and OD as noted. the OD fits perfectly adequately, and requires no further thought - i do agree with you though on the ID being that .0235" larger than the std spring (and my cock does fit quote snugly in a sock btw), i discussed the issue with 2 different spring manufacturers who all were completely unconcerned with that fitment spec, stating that many oem springs fit with similar tolerance, and that a tolerance of up to 0.070" to the retainer has been happily used in mdoified engine from both 2v and 4v heads (ie big and small valves). for example - crowers spring for the 2jzgte is actually 0.040" larger than std.

obviously a tighter retainer would be nice, but is far from essential. unfortunately the vvti engine runs a 5.5mm valvestem and off the sheft retainers are hard to come by...

interestingly bullet use the same spring in their engines without a retainer change :)