Shredding belts at high rpm

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

Ok my procharger has been installed/removed more times than I can count and this time my SC pulley is not quite lined up. If I rev over 4500 and quickly lay off gas the slight offset will work it's way off the backside of the pulley. Ok the obvious is re-align my spacers and thats first. The problem I think I am running into is slack... high boost applications use a wider belt with vertical grooves instead of lengthwise grooves... this allows the belt to "twist" as engine slows down faster than the SC. I have gone through 4 napa belts so far at $40 a piece so now I have some incentive.

I remember seeing somewhere someone had a "tensioner" to stop the play in the belt tensioner and I feel this would cut down a little on the "jumping" and this is once i re-align my spacers but does anyone have a picture on hand? I remember it was very simple with a welded nut and bolt ith a locking nut that would stop the tensioner travel. I am running a 117.7'' serpentine and it's the largest belt napa sells! The good part is that once fitted for the first time the belt will have MAYBE |...| slack above the top idler pulley... very snug fit. After a week or so the rubber/nylon will stretch a little and double that and this slack I feel is my problem.

previously I had a perfect alignment and did not write my spacer spec down but i still had the belt wanting to throw on quick decel. A pic of any idler tensioner would help. Thanks!