Getting hot at high RPM

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fugly

Coolant gets hot quickly at high rpm when doing burnout comps (gets to 110-115 in about 1.5 minutes), soon as rpm drops temp drops back to 90 degrees, i think coolant is moving to quickly because of the speed of the water pump.
Anyone on this site got any experience in this area??

I have entered and won a few burnout comps (not in a UZ though)

I usually get a smaller crank pulley machined up to slow all the accessories down and this also stops the water pump cavitating (and not pumping the water around) as that is more an issue at big revs than the coolant moving to fast.

What fan(s) are you running as a lot of the electric ones do not move enough cfm to do an adequate job for burnouts or racing on the circuit and are they shrouded propery?

Also is the front of the radiator blocked off properly so the air goes through it and not around it.

Trouble is you can't slow down the pump, it is driven by the cam belt.
They do appear to cavitate over about 6500 rpm. The only way we fixed pumping out water was to remove the impellor vanes and fit an electric pump. Has been fine ever since and runs to 9000 rpm.

Trouble is you can't slow down the pump, it is driven by the cam belt.
They do appear to cavitate over about 6500 rpm. The only way we fixed pumping out water was to remove the impellor vanes and fit an electric pump. Has been fine ever since and runs to 9000 rpm.

Erol, whose electric pump and which model are you using? I'm needing to source a good one.

Thanks for the replies guys, i'm using the factory Ford AU twin thermo setup which is sealed well to the radiator core.
I have no heating problems at any other time other than when doing burnouts as mentioned earlier.
I have been looking into doing exactly what rms suggested for a while now, (removing the factory water pump impellor & using a Davies Craig electric water pump & controller) but was just trying to see if anybody on here had any experience with this modification.