High engine RPM !! help !!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mshawari1

I am in the finalizing step of 1UZ swap project into old crown – maybe I should post in the swap project- , Also I am not expert , So every thing is fitted and fixed and I start the engine with every thing stock , Auto transmission and ECU from 93 LS400 I wire the ECU as Zuffen wiring diagram. BUT the engine dose not come down !! it start at high rev and get warm tell ~ 90 C and still in high rev or some time stop and continue – small cut - ?? what is the problem , any suggestion !

we talking high rev here, as in, the cold idle revs? so, about 1000rpm? who cares? :p lol

its not like its a very noisey engine anyway... :D

The wiring instruction I posted refer to a Crown engine and ECU not an LS400.

Different beast and very different wiring.

What to do ...

That wiring diagram I use was by (34ford) . Now after its get warmed its start to get off then on and so on !! is the problem in the air flow meter ??

The only way the engine can rev up is it must get air. Are you sure the throttle is closed to the idle stop? Is the IDLE (IDL) pin to the ECU grounded by the TPS sensor? I have a US spec 93 LS400 Engine ECU and trans in my 83 Celica and just got it running a few weeks ago. My minor problem is basically the opposite of yours. My cold idle is way too low, but it runs fine once warmed up. I think my idle speed control motor is frozen. Yours may be too, but open instead of closed. The idle motor is on the front of the intake plenum with a hose to the intake pipe right after the air flow meter. When it is revving up high, try pinching the hose closed with a pliers. If the revs come down, it is the idle motor letting in the extra air.

Your diagram is a little too basic to keep the 93 LS ECU from setting codes, but it should run okay. The fuel pump is controlled by a box that was in the trunk of the LS. My US donor car had it in the right rear corner behind the CD changer. It is simple to wire up with just 5 leads. Ignition power, ground, FPC, DI, and Ouput to pump. FPC is the command from the ECU to run the pump at either full or low speed. DI is a signal back to the ECU that it is working correctly.

The LS400 ECU also needs a signal from the brake lights, and the real neutral switch to properly operate the trans. You also need a signal from the speedometer. I was able to use the SP2 sig nal with a divide by 3 circuit to fool it. so far it seems to be working. SP1 should be divided by 5 but the ratio in the trans made this the same rate at the ECU. It worked out to something like 3800 pulses per mile. I also connected switches and lights for the overdrive switch and the power/normal switch. The OD Off switch in the Celica shifter was reverse polarity so I had to use a small relay to make it work as labeled.

I hope this helps.

Gary M.

More help

Thanks for you all,

- Zuffen, In the first diagram he noted that its for LS400 and it have the same pin out ( 26 pin 16 pin 22 pin 26 pin ) . So how I should connect it ??

GSM now, I don't know why you choice this nickname ? I work in WCDMA !
- What is (the real neutral switch) ? which pin ?
- About the SP1 SP2 .. If I connect the stock electronic speedometer Or I should use some circuit to generate a signal ?
- where to connect the OD and power/normal in the ECU (OD1,OD2) is it +12 or GND ??

I mean this one … do you have any suggestion for the wiring ?? also this is a picture for my ECU maybe its for Crown

The diagram you show isn't 34Ford's.

The diagram is for the LS400 but neither I nor Mick (34Ford) have done anything with them.

The ECU looks like an LS400 but you would need to check part numbers to be certain.

Today I start the engine after installing the exhaust , I try to pinch that air hose GSMnow tell me to do and the rev get down , So that is mean the idle motor is not functional. But I noted that more fuel gets in also !heavy black smoke come out from the exhaust and if I try to open the throttle it will act like it will go down then accelerate and some time if I open the throttle at the max it accelerate then cut and so on . And there is tapping sound in the fuel line like its close and open fast? what I miss to connect or to check ? by the way this is a picture for my ECU