Help??? Unable to start motor, car back-fires!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Aussie Drifter

Hi lads

I have a Supercharged 1uz running a wipple, R154, and an Adaptronic ECU in a commodore. (Dedicated Drift Car)

I started the motor for the first time last week and it started within a rotation or 2 and ran like a dream except for being very rich.

I only had headers on during the initial start, and have sense reduced the fuel by 20% to counteract the larger injectors and all was fine.

Yesterday I had a mandrel bent 2.5” into a “Y” then 3” exhaust made. All was fine. Still ran nice after this.

Last night I redid the earths and power feeds from the battery to the ECU in an attempt to tidy everything up ready for the dyno on sat morning. During this I managed to get a small rag sucked into behind the R/H cam pulley when the motor was idling. The motor slowly stopped before I had a chance to hit the kill switch. I was able to pull it out with out much hassle. I didn’t give it much thought after that and continued working away.

Today after work I came home and decided to give her a kick in the guts and ensure all was well. Well that was about 6 hours ago!!!!!!!!

The car seems to be firing prematurely and is stalling the starter motor mid stroke and shooting flames accompanied with a large backfire!!

I have plugged the PC into the ECU and am unable to find any issues.

Is it likely that the timing belt has slipped a tooth??

Or could there be some other underlying issues??

Thanks any help would my greatly appreciated.:puppy_dog_eyes:

Cheers

Hi

I bit the bullet and pulled a big one last night. I decided that I would pull her down and re do the timing to ensure that this is not the issue.

I finally finished putting the motor back together at 2am this morning; because of the time I have not been unable to start her yet.

If all goes to plan (and it usually doesn't) I will try and start her at lunchtime.

I will keep u guys in the loop.

Cheers