Help please!! Melting!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

grindin8o8

any one know what this part is called? and what it does? how much to replace it?

sc400.jpg

on my car this piece is melting and causing a really stink smell. its the one circled in the pic. i know it's hard to see but in person it looks like a plug with a wire going into the engine?? it melted and dripped down onto the pulley(whatever it's called) below it. some other symptoms I've been having is, on idle, especially on low idle my car would somethings bog/stall and die out. car dies out randomly somethings especially when it's warmed up. idles very rough sometimes. could this part be causing the problem? help please.

ALOHA

Aloha to you. It is called powersteering hydraulic pump oil pressure sensor. I have few laying around. Most importantly find out why it is melting. Normally it doesnt melt unless some where might be short or a heat source. Are you running turbo by any chance?

Aloha to you. It is called powersteering hydraulic pump oil pressure sensor. I have few laying around. Most importantly find out why it is melting. Normally it doesnt melt unless some where might be short or a heat source. Are you running turbo by any chance?

nah it is stock. you willing to sell to me? if so how much shipped to hawaii
(96819). I have no idea why it's melting though. btw how do you remove it? It looks like it's stuck on the engine??

thanks lextreme

is a solenoid not a switch
the wires to it are light load so its not caused by wiring as they would just short and burn and not do much damage

but if u have a seized bearing inside the hydraulic fan pump due to low fluid or no fluid
then thats y its getting hot
maybe up 4 or 6 hours not sure
its a big job to change if its the pump assembly behind it

alot of people do conversions and they forget about this pump

with no oil it will last only afew days

Do all 1UZFEs have the hydraulic fan? If you fit it into a car with no such fan, how do you bypass it? How do you remove it?

Thanks, Mat Grant.

crown 1uzs dont have this
most others do
u need to loop the in and the out ports on the hydraulic pump and fill with oil just before u put hose on
so that way it still get lubricated and the oil just goes round the loop all day