Has anyone installed the G-Force computer chip?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
They are a joke. They are a resistor that changes the intake air temp sensor reading to the PCM/ECU. So cold start fueling will be off, timing will be off, WOT power I would bet is WORSE.

They are selling you about $0.10 in parts for $60 to gain you nothing.

Ask them for the dyno reports of one single car/truck that actually GAINED the 60hp they claim. Bet they can't produce it. There is no way it could.

I am a PCM tuner for GM vehicles and I can tell you there is no possible way this sort of crap will work. And I can bet you will fail emissions with it.

Some cars actually check to verify that after a certain number of hours, the IAT temp sensor and CTS (Coolant temp sensor) are similar readings, and if not, they throw a code.

Save your $. You will see more gains out of synthetic oil than this.

If so, I would like to get your opinion about whether it works or not, and if there were any other concerns. Thanks much.

LS400GUY

http://www.gfchips.com/lexusls400.aspx

'Has anyone installed the G-Force computer chip?'

Eyes of Thunder:

THANKS a ton for sharing your opinion on this item, you've convinced me not to go anywhere near it. I'm content to just leave well enough alone. Thanks again my friend and have a fantastic weekend.

Cheers!

LS400GUY

We always must be cautious that we can outthink the factory engineers who designed, dyno tested and reliability tested these engines (I have worked in electrical hardware engineering for automotive). A little resistor to make 60 hp when the factory "couldn't" do it, right.... You'll find more driveability problems, run risk of pinging even. Even changing the IAT temps 10 degrees can mean the difference of timing not starting to be pulled out when at hotter temps causing pinging (even if unheard, a modern engine you will almost never hear it ping) and that really tears up the powerband.

Even when I am tuning I don't deviate too far from stock on stock engines, taking out some of the buffer that is in the tune, but not too much. Timing is one that even 1 degree too much time (past MBT, Mean Best Torque) can cost you more power than actually dropping the timing 10 degrees at the same conditions. Pinging isn't a sign of MBT, especially on the new modern fast burn cyl heads. Timing is lower than ever before and that is where peak power is. Of course, mods like cams, headwork, headers, etc all change the game much more.

Keep the $ in your pocket! :) You'll get more performance improvement by emptying the trunk! :D