Standalone ECU haltech and 1uz wiring.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Berad

Im just doing some research before i go out and buy a 1uz halfcut and bolt it into my hilux, ive previously managed to get through wiring my old engine which took me a while but have the knowhow now so im after some advice from the people who have been there done that.

i have a haltech e6x from my previous motor, and am going to buy a halfcut so its complete. The haltech has the ability to control dual dizzys etc so thats no problem.

I have a dual channel ignition module for the haltech, but obviously being a v8 id need another one, would you recomend this and using the crank signal and cam signal to run the ignitors and coils? If i go with this option id just use 4 twin post coil packs, to run wasted spark correct?

Or stick with the stock dizzy setup.

Or does it just come down to cash, being it that id need new leads, 4 coil packs another ignition module etc?

If its not longer used can the dizzys just be removed and the hole plated up?

any help would be appreciated

thanks
Brad.

Im pretty sure a dual channel is all you need if you run the twin dizzy setup.One channel for left and one channel for right.

Ive installed a e6x on mine so if you want the ignition setup for the standard dizzy let me know as i stuff around for hours with it trying to get it right.

It will run waste spark as well but i didnt for cost reasons.
Use the crank and passenger side cam sensor as a home reference.

if you dont plan on forced induction, then stick with stock ecu, 1st of all you will still need it for the auto, 2nd toyota spend hundreds of hours perfecting the tune, you may be able to get a little more power with aftermarket, but you will never match the drivablity and smoothness of the stock ecu.

i realise this but boost is a possibilty if not cams etc. and it wil be no extra cost as i already have it, so just the time and hassel of wiring it in.

the auto will probly be controlled by a mv automatics box and shiftkitted.

1uz maps

Hi there- would it be possible for me to get the base map settings or even just the trigger and setup settings- I am running a 1uzfe with a mitsubishi dual channel ignitor- the standard pick ups off one cam and the crankshaft. Im now a bit lost with what settings to input into my E6X

if yr goin to run a haltech dont waste yr money on a front cut

just buy and engine with a cut harness

if yr goin auto what are u goin to do

u might need a full harness and wire up the std ecu and just piggy back the haltech

only prob u might get is haltech might not like the toyota sesors
so u might have to run extra coolant sensor and air sensor

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a Delco air temp sensor and the stock 1uz coolant temp sensor - there are config files for both of them

For all the excellent content Kelvin has produced over the years, IMO this latest one is not good - Its just reconfiguring multiple existing tune files and troubleshooting errors - and I think this vid would only serve to confuse anyone who is trying to setup a Haltech or the first time.

There are so many configurations in this software, and so many ways it can be applied to a 1UZ, that would take days to cover. Unfortunately, the Haltech installation doesn't have a base map for the 1UZ so just shoot them and email and they will send you a base map that has a standard configuration. (I am running coil-over-plug with auto trans - they had a file to suit). Provided you have the engine wired correctly, it should start.

From there, you will have to customise the tune file to suit your individual setup, then have it tuned by a professional on a dyno.