GS300 > AWD + Manual?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Devilry

Hi guys, im new to the forum.. been lurking here for about a year though.

I have been looking really hard for some information and maybe you can help me out.

I am looking to swap into my '93 GS300 (US SPEC) a 1UZ + 5Speed + AWD. I know they made the Aristo with the 4.0Zi 1UZ, how does that differ from the 1UZ in a LS400?

Has anyone ever seen an AWD Aristo converted to manual? I havent found any.

Any input on these ideas would be great, ive had this project sitting for a long time now, just a nice shell sitting and waiting patiently :)

Thanks in advance!

Im aware it only came as auto, that is the point of my question.

I was curious what would be involved in putting a R154 tranny in.

I can do it easily RWD but what could be done to make it AWD?

Well I' am pretty sure there is a truck spec R154, and I know Toyota made a few truck with M/T and AWD but I don't know which ones.

The AWD system from the truck will make your car heavier, which will slow you down. I have a 2004 4WD Tacoma V6 and it's about 200 lbs heavier than the RWD Tacoma V6. You'll need to boost crazy to make the car move.

The AWD will eliminate the traction loss, but if you have a good LSD, it'll help with the traction.

I don't see that there's enough clearance/room for the AWD system on the GS. But good luck!

Even some Toyota truck use the A340. Autos weight more than manual tranny so I don't see an issue with weight. I also don't see where the transfer case could fit but Toyota did it so it possible.