Good deal on Garrett GT40

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

I've recently found a very good listing on a used but excellent Garrett GT40 on Ebay. I emailed the seller and he said there's no play with the turbo. I didn't see any cracks on the turbine housing. The seller only asks for $375, and the starting bid is only at $325. I believe this single GT40 can support well to a little over 15 psi on our SC400. That's all the power I need. Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GARRETT-GT40-TURBO-TURBOCHARGER-NOT-T04_W0QQitemZ8010093402QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemHowever, due to the suspension problem that I'm having, I think I'll save the $$ for the coilover. I almost bought this GT40. It's a huge temptation for me to resist. So if anyone wants it, jump on in and bid...heh...heh. I still really want to get it.

I run a GT40 in my setup. The are two trims 82mm or 88mm. The one he sells is for a truck application. If you buy that unit, you will need to get a turbine from Precision or similar to make it work easier on your car. Right now, i get boost at about 1,750 rpm. I am running 12.75 psi right now and will go up to 16 psi very soon.

Lextreme said:
I run a GT40 in my setup. The are two trims 82mm or 88mm. The one he sells is for a truck application. If you buy that unit, you will need to get a turbine from Precision or similar to make it work easier on your car. Right now, i get boost at about 1,750 rpm. I am running 12.75 psi right now and will go up to 16 psi very soon.
You're right. I didn't carefully check for details. That's why the seller said that GT40 wastegate is set at around 30 psi, which scared me. Or it should cost me another few hundred $$ for the right turbine. I never used V-band turbine so I don't know if it can hold the weight. However, as you and so many others are using V-band with no problem, I think it shouldn't be a problem. As you mentioned that you're running a GT40, which trim are you using, and how was the fitment?

It's funny for myself that I've already bought a lower intake manifold as the base for an Eaton supercharger setup, but I always look toward a turbo setup. I always have the love for turbocharging and I'm missing that "whoosing sound".

I have the 82mm compressor impeller. However, its a good buy but you will need to change the turbine. I guess u can also pickup a cheap TO4S turbine from ebay too. I am using V-band and no problem at all. Turbo system is little harder, more complex, more preparation and perhaps little more maintaince. One thing it doesnt have is to make more boost. Unless you are perfectly size up the supercharger pully and the crank pulley. Otherwise making extra boost is like pulling teeth.

For turbo u can make 8 psi to 20 psi with a push of a bottom. However, there are pros for running supercharger. Honestly, a GT35R would be Perfect from 8 psi to 20 psi on a 1uzfe. Its physically smaller and its a great spooling turbo for street application. However, good things are not cheap and cheap things are not good.