Standalone ECU GM lsx Electronics on 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mmliljoker

well i have been looking at a lot of the info on this engine. I normally build chevys so this is all pretty new to me. I found out that the 1uz and the LsX chevy engines share the same firing order and cylender placement. So since they share this to commen things do you think a lsx camaro firebird GTO computer and wire harness with a GM throttle body will work? you would gain coil on plug ing drive by wire and it would be pretty affordable since salvage yards are loaded with these things. what do you guys think does any one have any more input on this?

ive already been doing some research
hopefully might get round to getting it all working in afew months

here in australia there is not as much car nuts as in the us so i wont be mass producing my stuff as not many here would pay to do it

by the time u buy a harness then mod it then buy ecu then buy a set of coils
then stuff round with crank and cam sensors there goes 99% of peoples budget most would just buy a microtech

but i know exactly in my head what needs to be done just need time to do it
as no one will pay me to figure it out hehehehe
i have all needed parts

well please share any info you come up with, with me as i am still in the fab stage on my swap and not ready for wiring. i still need to find a good motor the one i have for mock up is missing a lot of pieces but what better to grind and weld around. any way any info you get would be great i can do all my own work but with two of us researching this it might happen quicker.

i still need to mount the crank sensor stuff but at moment im trying to fit it to another type of motor
i was going to do it to my 1uz hilux but someone was interested in buying it
so i cant touch it for now so im fitting stuff to another motor
u need to find an ls1 and study the crank timing in relation to sensors

will do i have access to alldata GM diagnostic info as i own a repair shop so i will do some research on how the system works. i talked to the local lexus shop today and one of the toyota crank wheels might work. i do some studing tonight and post results. i am a night reader so it will probley be here in the morning

have you seen an ls1 crank wheel nothing like a toyota
You need to stripe an ls1 engine down and do some measurements

if i did this i would not market it too much
i doubt we have th ehuge population in australia that would want to spend the money to do this to their engine

they woul djust spend 1g on a microtech then afew hours to wire it up and bang starts first go

i have done afew holden 308 5lt efi looms to suit a ford 351 engines
these are done for customers who spend big bucks as tuning these
is not straight forward so at end of the day its twice as much as a mircotech or ems but the tuning capabilities are massive when using a delco or delphi ecu system when done properly

but when u look at the crappy attemps tried here in australia when fitting these to 1uzs u can undertsand why no one wants to pay for it

Aftermarket ecu's are dirt cheap now and you don't have the hassle of it being locked or special software requirements. COP is not really required, plenty of big hp motors still running the distributor set up.

why does it stuff up the idea

just swap the wiring that triggers those two cylinders around on the coils

basically its like running a dizzy and by determining where u run the leads will
determine the firing order so its just like unplugging one lead and swapping it with another cylinder
but u actually swap wire to the coils

can be done if u have the knowledge and knowhow

fair enough. as far as reluctor wheels go using the ls one in a differnt location with the ls pick up would be an option i know the lexus one wont work. the trick would be making the brackets and maybe a new wheel to fit the 1uz. my 1uz will be here tuesday and i will see if i can find a ls wheel and triger. it would be just like setting up a msd crank triger in my oppion. tdc is referanced by the missing tooth on the wheel. setting the motor to tdc and putting the ls wheel on the lexus crank where it fits then adjustable bracket for the pickup is my thought. i guess at this point we need parts. i will start looking for them now. do you know if the ls computer requries a cam signal if it does that will be the next hurdle.

yes needs cam signal
the ls1 doesnt have missing teeth type of reluctor

it has alot of teeth and nothing is symetrical
just search for a pic of one and u will see

its not hard
just alot of thinking and machinning
we are concentrating fitting ls1 ecu stuff on older engine
then will concentrate on 1uz

sold my 1uz so cant be bothered anymore
looking at fititing it to another type of engine when we get time off
maybe xmas