GM/DELPHI LSx engine management on the 1UZFE SUCCESS!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4U2QUIK

So, my friend rich at daft innovations have done something crazy again, we were both throughally frustrated with the oem engine management, rev limiter is too low, no real clean straightforeward tuning capabilities, ect. basically the stock system is ok but it could be a whole world better than it is. So we decided to use one of the best oem engine managementsystems ever created. the GM LSx V8 engine menagement system. I could go on for pages about all the possibilities but I'll skip on tht for now and present what we've been working on diligently for the last month solid.
3ae7fd72.jpg
245213d0.jpg
efa5cc24.jpg
9259c66c.jpg

click the pic, it's a video
th_2841c521.jpg

alic the pic it's a video

th_f4dc16c4.jpg

cool finally someone did it
we looked at doing this afew years ago but didnt bother as here in australia we could not
find it worthwhile as we dont have population or enough people who would spend the money so we figured out how to run an ls1 ecu on old holden and ford v8s

sweet, I'm going to be picking your brain then lol. There's still some issues we're trying to smooth out to get everything perfect. Then after we're done with this engine we're going to do the mopar engines next.

hwo said it wasn't?

no one, but I would expect that the chev factory balancing holes would of been replicated on the other side of the trigger disc to do so, rather then loading the interface between the alloy adapter you have fabricated and the chev trigger with its out of balance mass. the last thing you want is the trigger wheel moving!

doesn't move, if it did we'd already be having major issues. I think thwy're acttually meant to make up for the differnece in mass in the uneven trigger pattern. Either way the balance ended up being fine. So much for that.

we even mod ls1 ecus to handle two tunes with the flick of a switch
alot of our info is confidential as no one here does the ls1 ecus
to older v8 setups and since no one has paid mento fit one to a
1uz I doubt I'll ever bother as I don't own a 1uz anymore
we also have stuff to run an ls1 on a 58 tooth wheel and are looking
at running fly by wire gm ecus with cable throttles but just having
some issues but hope to have more time for testing down the track
unfortunately I've been very busy so can't really play with anything
except normal work stuff
I just finished playing with a late turbo diesel 2kd motor and auto into
an old tipper truck. spent ages on it but finally got it working
Im learning heaps about late model electronic diesels
the ls1 ecu is one of best around
sheits on any aftermarket ecu out there

Late coming into this thread, but wanted to offer congratulations to 4u2quik for this accomplishment. This is really a major step forward in aftermarket ECU solutions for the UZ's

Now PLEASE try to simplify & reduce that GM crank trigger setup!

we even mod ls1 ecus to handle two tunes with the flick of a switch
alot of our info is confidential as no one here does the ls1 ecus
to older v8 setups and since no one has paid mento fit one to a
1uz I doubt I'll ever bother as I don't own a 1uz anymore
we also have stuff to run an ls1 on a 58 tooth wheel and are looking
at running fly by wire gm ecus with cable throttles but just having
some issues but hope to have more time for testing down the track
unfortunately I've been very busy so can't really play with anything
except normal work stuff
I just finished playing with a late turbo diesel 2kd motor and auto into
an old tipper truck. spent ages on it but finally got it working
Im learning heaps about late model electronic diesels
the ls1 ecu is one of best around
sheits on any aftermarket ecu out there

I saw the switchable maps. very cool, I'm going to have to look into that. Considering our resources it's probably just a matter of making a couple of phone calls. It just amazes me, every day I learn about another awesome feature of these ecu's that I had no clue about. Totally awesome!

One of my future projects with this ecu will be to adapt it to the chrystler 340 t/a in my a-100 truck. considering the throttle linkage has always been a pita, and always getting f'd up. I'm planning on going drive by wire to fix that issue, and go with the 6 speed auto.

Late coming into this thread, but wanted to offer congratulations to 4u2quik for this accomplishment. This is really a major step forward in aftermarket ECU solutions for the UZ's

Now PLEASE try to simplify & reduce that GM crank trigger setup!
Thanks John!
I personally wanted to machine the trigger wheel into the flywheel, but we needed to use all of the gm oem sensors and pickups first to eliminate any negative consequences of using any unkowns. My supra is next in line for the conversion, So we'll see how it works out with the pickup on the flywheel

btw just got corrected on which setup this is specifically. I just machine the parts so I wasn't exactly up to date on which ecu we're running.
ls1 2002 fbody engine management
lol.

LS1 ecu's are dirt cheap and easy to find at the wreckers for $50 -100 so makes for cheap conversion.
Horses for courses, an aftermarket ecu will use all of the std sensors etc and some now have plug and play looms and tunes. I agree some leave a lot to be desired as far as tuning ability goes but excellent results can be had from cheap aftermarket ecu's as well.

It's all about knowing how to use the software.

For my money I would bolt the rest of the LS engine to the ecu and spend the money I saved in looking for hp on beer.

just be careful with the 6 speed auto
the ls1 ecu won't control it
u need an e38 or e67 ecu
we have wired up afew lsx motors with 6 speed autos
Programming them is a pain
afew guys have tried getting them to work in a conversion
here in Australia and we have had to fix their fk ups hehe
anyway since your in the USA info on them is much better
we do more lsx wiring than old 1uz stuff these days

Hi, this is Rich @ Daft Innovations. Anyways me and BAP have built something super bad ass IMO. Anyways It all obviously started because of my love for lsx motors. I obviously got into tuning and bough HP Tuners. I never got into it as much as I obviously have had to for this 1uzfe Toyota truck project.

I just finished up tuning the truck in SD mode and ditched the maf.

Before the engine had the 24x ls1 pcm and system installed it dyno tuned at 246 hp and 271 trq on a good night with fan on the air filter.

with the same mods on the 24x ls1 based pcm and a tune from me it made 278 hp and 303 tq.

I running afr at wot 13.0 and 17 to 19 degree of timing.

I know this system wont be for everyone but people who are familiar with the gm tuning and software out there for gm like hp tuners and efi live this could be a nice alternative for you.

Brandon from BAP and myself plan on offering a full kit with tune and wiring services to anyone who is interested. We will be working out a price on parts.

This system has blown me away. I have taken the truck on a 200 mile trip already and through stop and go traffic. I have no complaints thus far.

on that note I will make sure to get some video uploaded soon of the new setup fully tuned. Future plans will be front facing intake manifold/cams.

Welcome Rich, and congratulations to you & 4u2quik. This is really good news for the UZ hotrodding community.

It'll be interesting to see what you can do with a modified & boosted motor.

I'm not at all familiar with the GM ECU's, can these do 8 cylinder fully sequential ignition (ie 8 separate ignition outputs), or is it waste spark only (4 outputs)?

Yes they have 8 ignition and injector drivers and two 02 sensor inputs. I use HP tuners and is pretty easy to use if you take the time to learn it's sometimes strange quirks particularly on the later E38 &40 ecu's. Boosted engines are no problems you just need to make sure the MAP sensor is correct.

It's a shame there is so much information on the chopper disk as I have also thought about laser cutting a new chopper to go in place of the Lexus one. I don't think the pick up would be able to distinguish the pattern change when it is so small.

The LS engines are awesome value for hp and as mentioned above there are now lots of people tuning them and very familiar with HP tuners and EFI live.

Turning up to just about any dyno shop with a GM ecu bolted to a Lexus engine will get you a good tune. This in my opinion is the advantage of these ecu's.

Good power increase over standard tune on the lexus and I bet it now also uses less fuel. Well done.