getting sick of work

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sideshow

getting fking sick of people who do wiring and stuff emailing me and ringing me for info
no wonder im moving and restarting from scratch again
and no wonder when nice people ring me up and think im a prick
all those other wankers fking pissing me off

just had email today someone asking for what ecu to use on his vvti 1uz
we figured out who it was and this guy takes work of us and copies alot of our stuff
fking wanker and when i move into his area ill fking take my work back

how fking hard can it be to figure out what ecu to use on your motor
ask on forums or pick up yr fking phone u wanker and ring
haltech
motec
autronic
etc etc etc

the dissapointing thing is most people would rather pay someone who is alot less experienced than us abit less money than what we charge and then he goes and copies everyone else work
no fking wonder i have stopped helping anyone because of fkwits like this

so many people thse days to fking lazy to learn or do some research themselves
they all have to be spoon fed

Yup, people want everything at a press of a button these days. If they can't see it on a screen thats in front of them they're not interested.
It's the same type of person that wanders around all day with a mobile phone stuck to their ear.

You've started me off now!:D

Think it's the cell phone / texting mentality:

Just give me answers - I don't have room on my screen for explanations (and probably wouldn't understand it anyway!)

Oh man don't we all know it! People have no patience and don't even realize how much time and effort it takes to do such work. The more I learn this over and over the more I turn people away and tell them to come back when they are ready to move forward on my terms. I ALWAYS get my job finished and I have no time for people who want to lo-ball or haggle or trade their worthless junk for my time.

Sorry you got used Sideshow. I find a lot of business's around are getting calls from their competitors asking for help while acting like a potential client!! A lot of people are so inconsiderate and lazy these days. >:-|

my wife tells me to always use phone on speaker
she is worried about me getting a brain tumor Hehehehe

Im with you Jim. Find a good hiding place , turn your phone off and concentrate on the people who have spent money with you. Do their jobs awesome and it will all come back to you. Chose your customers dont let your customers chose you. We both feel the same way. When I work out a way to make lots of money doing something else with no stress and no customers Ill let you know. Take care mate.

Makes it 1000 times b/s when it's another tuner / business !!!
He'll be charging HIS customer for HIS time and experience he got free !!!
As said there are free tech lines available from ECU manufacturers...

yes its sad when u have to be careful with every single phone call
and have to worry about every email
this is why i hardly reply to half the emails unles sthey want me to do a job for them
hopefully ill find something nice up there and do something different and do my mail order on the side and if anyone wants something custom or big job ill make sure i charge accordingly
yes if im lucky ill find a nice job only during summer on the beach heheheheheh

If these people can't work it out for themselves, should they really be doing the job?
And what happens when it doesn't work, how are you going to fix something if you don't understand what it does. There are plenty of harness you could buy, reverse engineer and start selling, but you will soon come unstuck if you get something wrong.
These people come and go, they make a bit of money for a while, then disappear when it all goes wrong.

I get calls all day from people that want information for free,or their car fixed over the phone, these days I just transfer them somewhere else, like to the woman in accounts, a few minutes of talking to her and they never call back again.

I don't mind helping other workshops that do work for us, or that send over a carton every now and then, but the ones that demand information, get the first random thing that pops into my head, I will never get sick of telling people they need a new flux capacitor.

jen3ss thats a good comeback
my wife ha sbeen reading on the net where if u spend mor ethan 10 mins on mobile phone u increase risk of a head tumor by alot so she always tell sme to watch out
hehehehehe maybe one day the research will prove that she is correct hehehe

anyway these days i have invested in a tarxxas erevo remote control car
so i dont work much on weekends or answer my phone as much on weekends
i take the remote out with the kids and have a blast
check out the vids on utube for traxxas erevo brushless
its insane

Hmm ?? Not the same cash up there though...
I have a Stihl chainsaw about 10 / 15 years old..
It didn't start and has no spark...
My son took it to the local Stihl agent...
He was told anything over $250 don't worry..
So 3 weeks I ring these guys up...
He said the carb is all clean and we're putting a
gasket kit through it...
I said it doesn't have any spark !!!
So I picked it up with carb in a million pieces..
I see the ignition module is $85...
So it looks like I'll have another project thread
coming up Lol ....
Na I'll get it fixed.. I see I can a new carb for $35 ...
To replace this chainsaw would be about $1200
Yes he charged me $20 to have saw cleaned..
Oh and pulled apart...

I cant Bring myself to let someone else fix things for me, I think I have spent too much time seeing what goes on in dealerships, its much easier and cheaper to buy a book and fix it yourself.

I never work on weekends, you end up burnt out if you don't have enough time to yourself. There is something quite relaxing about sitting under a tree, sanding a bit of alloy until its shiny, or playing Ben 10 on the playstation with the kids.

yer i know about working up there
thats y i want to get into diagnosing late model cars which i know alot of mechanical shops find it hard to do
if it takes off ill buy afew scanners and go from there
if work is slow ill burn all my wiring diagrams and get into something else
anyway ill always have mail order looms coming in every few weeks
but we r moving to get away from sydney kaos and live a more relaxing life for the kids
and we will make less money but a better life i hope :)

in 10 years the old car conversion scene will be very quiet i think
so its best to do something else now before i reach 50 heheheeh