Get ready for 5.7l UZ motor!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Don't forget the Honda V6's that came (still coming? I'm not sure) in some of GM's products, like the Saturn Vue. And anything less than 2L in a GM car is usually a Korean engine (Daewoo).

GM has one good point with OHV engines: packaging. It may very well actually contribute to a lower center of gravity but the best part about them is they're compact. Now if GM can make OHV valvetrain that spins to 9k and has 4 valves per cylinder, they will really have something to talk about. Not that I think they could/will do it, but it would certainly negate most of the OHV negatives.

rarson said:
Don't forget the Honda V6's that came (still coming? I'm not sure) in some of GM's products, like the Saturn Vue. And anything less than 2L in a GM car is usually a Korean engine (Daewoo).

GM has one good point with OHV engines: packaging. It may very well actually contribute to a lower center of gravity but the best part about them is they're compact. Now if GM can make OHV valvetrain that spins to 9k and has 4 valves per cylinder, they will really have something to talk about. Not that I think they could/will do it, but it would certainly negate most of the OHV negatives.
fat chance. the only car company that makes a production 9K RPM engine is Mazda(as far as i know)

Right. Well maybe I was being too optimistic. Let's say, 7500 rpm while actually making power that high. That'd be something to see.

I'm still not holding my breath though.

although it does disapoint me i dont find it surprising. unfortunately they are still scene as having the abscence of a 'real' full sized work truck. that and a lot of business' that lease trucks dont see why they should spend more money for a better qulity truck when theyre getting rid of the truck in 4 years before the warranty is up anyways.

btw, yes diesels also make huge tq, but the electric motors make it at 600 rpm, that coupled with the fact that if the hybrid tundras drivetrain is at all like the hybrid highlanders drivetrain, it will share little with a normal diesel trucks driveline.