Gas Price

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I am selling my ride and getting a scooter... not really.

3.50US per gallon of premium, has cured me of growning about the huge difference between the high and low grade. The prices are so high, 50 cents more per gallon does not seem like that much anymore.

It takes almost 50'ish US to fill my tank.

God bless you guys.

Jacob

Sure the price of petrol is rising but i havnt heard anyone complaining about paying over $2.00 for a bottle of water???? Realistacally the only way to bring down the prices of petrol would be to put some bio fuels in place and create a bit more competition. Here in New Zealand we have an un-tapped source of ethanol from our dairy industry...id say that would be a good start point.

Ethanol is also a superb fuel for our beloved engines, E85 that we have here in sweden, (85% ethanol, 15% petrol - 102-103 octane) can give approx +20% in power over 98 octane.

Cobolt said:
Ethanol is also a superb fuel for our beloved engines, E85 that we have here in sweden, (85% ethanol, 15% petrol - 102-103 octane) can give approx +20% in power over 98 octane.
Methanol dissolves aluminum. On the other hand there's an additive to keep this from happening I know VP race fuels makes this.

MidShipCivic said:
Methanol dissolves aluminum. On the other hand there's an additive to keep this from happening I know VP race fuels makes this.
Yes, Methanol is quite agressive on both hoses, gaskets, aluminium, engine oil, and so on.. Ethanol is a little bit friendlier but valveseats, fuellines, fuelpump, injectors and so on should be swapped to parts that are veryfied that they are ethanol resistant. (many parts already is resistant to ethanol, the problem is to know wich)

jacob said:
no ,
use this .

At 6 dollars a gallon, I would start considering a 600cc motorcycle of some kind.
Well, lets put it this way, to and from work, transportation only - no amuzement intended, I mostly drive our second car - a Suzuki Swift converted to run on Ethanol (E85), gives me a fuel consumption of about 0.6 Litre Ethanol per 10 kilometres mostly city driving, and is easy to find a parking spot for (not much of them here either...) that´s cheaper transportation than if I would go by bus/subway... I think of that car as a savings accout... ;)

The fuelprice in sweden we blaim on the "enviromental-talibans" ok, they mean well and so on, but damn, how they make us petrol-heads suffer... ;)

damn petrol prices. when i started my project two years ago petrol was about a buck a litre (nz). now its a rip off. i blame bush.
it could be worse though, we could have rotaries. haha.
on the plus side, i have decided to invest in a mountain bike to get round town in during the week, and to uni and places. so i will be getting fit!
on a different note, with all the thousands of wrecked cars in new orleans, there must be some cheap parts coming up soon. sorry if this is insensitive to those affected.

340i said:
on a different note, with all the thousands of wrecked cars in new orleans, there must be some cheap parts coming up soon. sorry if this is insensitive to those affected.
Watching the news reporter in New Orleans talking into the camera I found myself looking over his shoulder saying to the Mrs,

"Just look at that Lexus, what a waste, I wonder what the engine will go for........" needless to say the withering look she gave me brought me back from car geek mode !!

Cheers,
Tony

I ride my bike around when I can,
However I still do more KMs in a week than most people do in a month in the car.
Plus I have to tow the ski's around, the ski also consumes around 50L/hour so its not the most fuel efficient. I have a lead foot problem. Yes I am being bent over by petrol prices.

If you think fuel prices in the city are high, spare a thought for those of us living in the "Outback". In Alice Springs ULP is $139.9/L , (Diesel $145.9/L) and in Tennant Creek it is even worse at ULP $1.52.

2 1/2 years ago gas prices in the US were $2.81 a gallon for regular here in the US....

Today I saw it for $4.29 a gallon for regular at a corner gas station...

This is close to a $.50 increase per year on average...Inflation is what 2%, so this is just off the scale when comparing..

Some would say stop whinning and just make more money, some would say drive less, others would say aquire a new fuel effecient meens of transportation, alternative fuel source is another option maybe, and lastly others would just start using credit cards and deal with the debt later on... What does one do?

Here in NZ we pay what would be $USD6.15/US Gallon ($2.07/L).

That is for a local 95 octane fuel, what really gets me is the spot price goes up and the price rises at once even though there is 30 days stock in the storage tanks.

Price drops only happen when the tanks are empty though.

Guys,

Here in the UK we are now at $11.80 per gallon for super unleaded........:nutkick:

Please send donations to................

Cheers,

Tony

E85 has a lower BTU content than gasoline. It does allow more aggressive tuning, which you can do on a car with forged internals, but most don't have.

Tell me about it, I live in Utah and meek by on chicken scratch because the cost of living is so cheap.

I drive 112 miles a day to and from work, and this gas is killing me. I've already given up on driving the lex, it just sits at the house. I'm spending a small fortune just filling up my Honda civic. I get 44mpg, and it still hurts. I figured it out, and I save about 300$ a month driving the civic vs the lexus. 200$ from gas, 100$ from insurance.

I don't know what I will do if gas goes to 6-7-10$ a gallon.