Garrett GT25 turbos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Too small i would say but would spool up like there's no tomorrow :) Probably spool too fast in fact and make throttle control twitchy.

Remember these were on a low compression 2.6 litre

I'm not really sure about the GT25, but a regular T25 is be ok for a 2.0L turbo and make 200 bhp, so combining 2 of them can make 400 bhp on a 4.0L engine. If the GT25 is similar to the T25, they should make around 300 rwhp or a little bit more on the 1UZ.

So a T3/4 would be better? want something with internal wastegate, not water cooled.

Ken.

Yup, and about all you easily get non water cooled these days. Should be able to find a coupla Ebay T3 style sized for 300 odd hp each off Ebay for well under $1K for the pair.

I have used these a few times on budget 4 cyl projects to good effect.

Hello Ken.

We tuned a boat with a pair of these on the other day. I would stay away from them as most have ceramic rear wheels which in a secondhand state are becoming unreliable. Another option would be td04 subaru turbos or tdo5 turbos. cheers

The GTR T25s with ceramic rear wheels. Some steel core T25s off silvia or T28s should be good. Not much room is a starlet for turbos. Mind you people say there isnt much room is a surf for a turbo either but it fits. cheers

Not all Gt25's are ceramic.. Yes Nissan used them along time ago..
Two "in good nick" will work..
Mitsu TD04's or some VF turbo's off a Subaru..You require two of them..
http://www.subspare.co.nz/contact.php [My cousin in Hamilton]
Single the Masterpower T64 is cheap external w/gate considering they are new....
http://www.frantik.co.nz/masterpower.html

Two Precision SC61's would be overkill but do the job very well.. Have two of them on my XR8 with over 480 rwkw..

Doesn't say what size the turbine is??
If you do get them ??
Pull them apart and check for any swarf left in housing...
I would use Mitsi turbo's with NO shaft play for about same price second hand..
Ask for flow rate ?? Should around 35Lb per min, close enough to 350 h.p.... at it's max ...

Attachments

• 169255115395.jpg
    169255115395.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 61255114052.jpg
    61255114052.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 238
Thanks guys I'm still looking, lots of work to do before I need them.

The turbo on the wifes Surf (1kzte) just blew an oil seal or something so I have to fix replace that first.

Ken.

Fairly sure they will be ceramic and alittle small for a 4.0 engine..
A single off a performance 2 ltr to 3 ltr would have been better...
Well ?? They [two of them] are NOT big enough on a 4.0 Ford Falcon 6..
There bigger brother from 300ZXT SINGLE turbo doubled up would work..
I have fitted them to a 5 ltr Ford V8 and have run mid 10's in an XP..
I think you'll find the exhaust will choke from mid rpm and up..
Two each side would do the job..

Yeah I think I goofed there, thinking about it about 2am this morning, realised they are both off the same 2.6L engine. so good for bugger all.:alcoholic: Better cut back on the bourbon and bidding.

Ken.