Fuel pump set up

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ek amigo

I have been told that changing from the standard toyota 2 speed fuel pump system to a single speed causes problems , so I am wondering whether this set up would work . fuel tank -------single speed pump mounted close and below the fuel tank--------fuel regulator--------fuel filter------fuel rail in------fuel rail out-------fuel tank. I am sure this has been gone over on the forum somewhere, but any advice would be helpful .

pressure regulator is on out(return) side of the fuel rail. reason: if your aftermarket fuel pump can deliver 80psi fuel pressure and you only need 60psi it simply backs up the pressure in the rail where its needed. imagine squeezing the tip of a garden hose.

fuel tank/pump-----------fuel filter------fuel rail in------fuel regulator/out-------fuel tank.

Which motor are you running? Gen 1, 2 or 3? Who said swapping to a single speed pump will cause an issue? I have done a few conversions and have only ever used a single speed pump. I even sell one of my setups on trade me. And I prefer an internal pump compared to an external pump in most applications. Cheers

pressure regulator is on out(return) side of the fuel rail. reason: if your aftermarket fuel pump can deliver 80psi fuel pressure and you only need 60psi it simply backs up the pressure in the rail where its needed. imagine squeezing the tip of a garden hose.

fuel tank/pump-----------fuel filter------fuel rail in------fuel regulator/out-------fuel tank.

Basic set up as here

To make the fuel pump go wire up the relay to it as normal but the earth on the trigger side goes to FC on the ECU

Just to reinvigorate this thread.

Im intending to do the same thing as far as using the standard ECU. I also just have an uprated 255l/hr fuel pump. I was intending on just hard wiring this and operating it with a switch on the dash.

What worries me is the fuel pressure sensor and if just hard wiring the fuel pump in is going to cause issues or if it will just run ok. Im not bothered about if it will throw up a fault, i just want the engine to work.

Whats got me worried is a video on youtube i came across of a car being mapped at Thor Racing here in the UK and the problem was standard ecu and it wasnt fuelling correctly.

It sounds like i cant just wire it into the ecu as it would need to be dual speed. Someone put my mind at ease please lol.

Cheers

You MAY get it runing hard wired... But I wouldn't run it on the road like that...
Fuel pumps MUST stop if engine stalls etc...

Pffffft, i just want it running, im sure i can get it to only run when the engine is running with some electrickery but i just want to know if the ecu will decide to no play ball if it its running at full pressure all the time

Last edited: