fuel ecu problem, I think

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yeah, I couldn't find it either.

Here goes.

Turn key OFF
Turn A/C OFF
Put Shifter in Park
Go to DIAGNOSTICS box on front of motor
Put a paperclip/wire between TE1 and E1
Turn key ON (not start)
Count the flashes the CEL (Check Engine Light) does.

CEL will flash X amount of times with 0.5sec pause between each, this is the first part of the code
1 second pause means its starting the 2nd part of the code.
2 second pause means its starting the 1st part of another code
4 second pause means its starting again.
Constant flashing means there are no errors.

Watch it through twice to make sure you have all the codes correct.

Cross check those codes with the list Lextreme provided us with.
Give those things a quick check over (to make sure they are plugged in and all)

Then remove the bridge in the diagnostics box, and open the engine bay fusebox, and remove the EFI fuse for 30 seconds.
Replace the fuse, all those codes are now cleared.

Drive the car for a couple more days and then check the codes again.
This ensures that you aren't getting codes from something that happened months ago.
If you get a code back, there is something wrong in that area.

I just ran the diagnostic test the CEL didn't flash but a messge in japanese came up it had four characters lots of dots and then another two characters on the end that looked like E-1 with some dots after it. A little later about 2 or 3 minutes i got the message EFI N/G then EFI 78. What does it all mean???

Yes i pulled out the fuse (the round one for EFI) I also tried some other things, I put the ignition on "on" and touched the paper clip to the Fp and +B terminals and i could hear what sounded like fuel being sucked by the engine. I tried starting the car (with the bridge out) and it looked a lot more promising but still died fairly quickly. I put a test light to the terminals that plug into the ecu and with the ignition on "on" i get a light on one terminal. So there must be power getting to the ecu. The car always starts with the Fp and +B bridge in. I am really stumped on this one.

No but i brought one today will put it on tomorrow. l Could such a little thing as that make the difference? I have a fiull tank of fuel will the flow stop of its own accord or should i empty the tank?? i do appreciate your help

Michael, check all your tiny vacume hoses around the top of the engine for vacume air leaks...and the TPI sensor...don't ever dealer the car, that will break the bank for sure...

Roger,

The fuel will run until the tank is empty.

Be aware the fuel can chill the unions once it starts leaking and lock the threads so you can't get it off but you also can't get it to tighten up again.

My advice would be empty the tank.

The best way would be to disconnect a fuel line and pump it out with the fuel pump.

I tried to drive it this morning to get it on a hoist to change fuel filter. I bridged Fp and +B but it kept stalling and the clip burn't out. Decided it was too dangerous to proceed. I am in the process of emptying the fuel tank, i just filled up with fuel the day before my troubles began. Will get to it early tommorow and get the fuel filter in. I hope like mad that this is my problem.

Roger,

Re-read your last post.

You said "i just filled up with fuel the day before my troubles began." You don't think this could be connected to your fuel problem?

Always look for what has changed when trying to diagnose any problem.

Me I'd drain the tank, chuck the fuel and put in a new filter.

I emptied the tank and changed the fuel filter. The car starts with Fp and +bB bridged and then when i pull the pin it keeps running like it might go, but as soon as it gets revs it dies or if i let it keep idling just dies by itself. It will not start without being bridged. However it runs for a lot longer like this than it did before I changed the fuel filter. I did the diagnostic test again and only get a message in japanese, same one that i mentioned in a previous post. Nothing comes up in english like it did last time which read EFI N/G 78.
Roger