Foul Plugs!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rivmasta

Hey all,

Our car is still on the "just get me fired" tune which means its running stupendously rich. Fire it up and you get fluid out the exhaust, lots of black smoke and eyes watering so much you could solve the aussie water crisis...

So we fired the car, testing bits and peices a few times, it didnt get up to running temp and fouled the plugs. No biggie, we had another brand new set and dropped them in, dialed some fuel out (though its still massively rich!) and made a point of running it up to temp each time its fired.

Question is, with the old set only 4 were still firing, can they be cleaned up and used as spares? Or are they just buggered?

Yes, you can clean them off & use them again. Especially if they're cheap copper plugs.
btw, I highly recommend you use cheap copper plugs atleast until the engine is in a long-term confirmed state of tune. Copper plugs can sometimes melt when they're hot (Saving a piston in the process), they last long enough, have good spark & are cheap as sin.

LoL may wanna dial out the start up fueling & start up enrichment :) glad to know it's up & running tho! NGK or Denso only tho.

hehe... yeah - cold crank and low temp do still need to be dialed down a bit...

the plugs are the platinum jobbies that came in the car stock. any recommendations on what to use to clean them? I was going to just use WD40 or brake cleaner or something with a wire brush etc. Sound ok?

That's fine. You can buy sand blasting spark plug cleaners, but that's overkill to me. Copper NGK/Denso plugs are like $1.50-2usd a pop. That's nothing lol!

we bought the platinum jobbies new a few weeks back, almost fell over at the price! Cheap nasties seem like a good idea to me.