Ford F250/ 1UZ-FE-

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BigKriss

Surprisingly , the results compared to the original diesel are fantastic !
The flywheel is rather heavy and this can be felt while driving. We thought the "little" v8 would really be out of its league in the heavy 4 ton F250. Its on par with the std. deisel engine untill 60 kph and then starts pulling from the diesel.
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0551.jpg
IMG_0549.jpg
IMG_0552.jpg

I would have lost money on that bet.......

Isn't the diesel some sort of 6-7 liter monster?

I'll bet the UZ will outrun the diesel as long as the two trucks are unloaded, but I'd bet once you hook a big heavy trailer to the pickup, the results would be very different.

Why not swap the 4.7L uz? Seems better suited for such a massive truck. Very impressive to hear the 1uzfe holds its own against a 7 liter turbo diesel.

The F250 has the 4l turbo Ford diesel in it. Agree totally that when loaded the "little v8" here is going to come off second best. The whole conversion came about due to the fact that this is a game viewing vehicle in a private game park here. The original diesel packed up and due to the intended use a Lexus was deemed good.

The 4.7l is not readily available here and when we do get them they carry a serious premium.

The F250 has the 4l turbo Ford diesel in it. .

That explains it. That year Ford came with a 6.0 liter with 300 bhp and 500 lb/ft of torque. If your country allows such an engine. The 4L diesel isn't even offered in the US.

wow, a modular 5.4 would have been a much better choice, but i am glad you are happy with results, i can't even stand how bad the 1uz low end torque is in a 3600 pound car! Ford makes a 4.0L diesel, interesting

The F250 has the 4l turbo Ford diesel in it. Agree totally that when loaded the "little v8" here is going to come off second best. The whole conversion came about due to the fact that this is a game viewing vehicle in a private game park here. The original diesel packed up and due to the intended use a Lexus was deemed good.

The 4.7l is not readily available here and when we do get them they carry a serious premium.

that makes more sense, i was thinking of my 99 f-350 with the 7.3L powerstroke chipped and modded to 300 HP and 500Ft-lbs and wondering how the 1uz kept up with it. it is funny how different areas are searching for different motors... i know alot of ranger fans that would kill for a 4.0L diesel and we have 2UZ's all over the place for cheap. ironic almost....

cool to see something different, good work.