Fan pump to power steering?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Whitsonmetalworks

Swapping a '92 1uz into an '89 Isuzu trooper. I read a thread on another forum where the fan pump had been successfully (?) used as a power steering pump by removing the shuttle and spring, drilling/tapping and downsizing an orifice. There were pictures mentioned but this was 15 years ago and pictures are gone. Surely someone has done this more officially by now? I'm not running AC so if this is doable, the front accessories are very tidy! Would love some clues as to the plumbing I'm going to need.

Swapping a '92 1uz into an '89 Isuzu trooper. I read a thread on another forum where the fan pump had been successfully (?) used as a power steering pump by removing the shuttle and spring, drilling/tapping and downsizing an orifice. There were pictures mentioned but this was 15 years ago and pictures are gone. Surely someone has done this more officially by now? I'm not running AC so if this is doable, the front accessories are very tidy! Would love some clues as to the plumbing I'm going to need.
Not many guys remember back that far. A few jz guys also competed this successfully. Doesn't seem like 15 years ago though.