Factory AFM

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Guts

Are these prone to failing?
The one that came with my half cut was stuffed and now the one I got to replace that one has died after 2 years.
What would kill them?
I have opened them up and there isn't really anything inside that can benift from even a good dose of contact cleaner.
Does anybody know of anybody that can fix them as I now have 2 that need fixing.
Currently have a borrowed one on as I'm driving the hilux everyday at the moment.

Here is a pic of the 2 dead AFM's, the one on the left is off an 89 model crown, the one on the right was off a soarer but I don't know what year model it was. The right one (soarer) is the one that has been on my hilux for the past 2 years.

AFMs.jpg

Guts,i would get a magefying glass and track the circuit board..and maybe solder in a bypass to the connection broken..this what i would do..hope that helps..just thought it could also be a dry joint..check the solder joints for what looks like corrosion..then just resolder it and it should work a treat..OR you could send 1 over to me free and i'll see if i can get it working..lol seeing as i need one..

ive wired up 40 to 50 1uzs and only 1 of them had an air flow fail

one reason could be vibration

is the air flow bolted more sturdy to the body or to the engine

mine is bolted to the air box which is bolted to body

is it in a 4wd car or normal take it easy road car

if u had prob with wiring it would stuff them pretty fast

if u keep stufing them i would just give up and go full aftermarket

will be cheaper in long run and the std air flows are getting hard to find

let us know if u need a 2nd hand one ill get a price of one

Its mounted to body.
Is a 4x4 that really gets used, look in the 4x4 section and you'll see. But its never had any dirt in it.
The first AFM was dead when I got the half cut, everything on that half cut was dead or died within 50kms of getting the car going.
Price on an AFM would be great, thanks.
I plan on going aftermarket comp in a few years, just not yet.

where did u get yr original front cut and the 2nd ir flow

theres a place here in sydney whick i hate wiring up there engines

wont say who they are but they have great warranty not heheheh

and quality is not why they sell many engines its cause price

anyway ill get price today and get back to u

Sideshow, I got my cut privately.
Got the 2nd AFM from a wreckers in melbourne, I'm in Albury.
I installed everything myself, best mate is an auto lecky that has done heeps of gen 3's etc into show cars bla bla bla.
I don't have the money to beableto pay people to do it for me, hence having done everything myself.

I've been told 7MGTE AFM electronics (just the black bit, not the alloy pipe) is identical to the 1UZ's.
You should be able to get one of those for next to nothing.

Also heaps of people upgrade the 7MGTE AFM to a 1UZ AFM, and if the above is wrong, they reuse the 7MGTE electronics, and probably throw out the 1UZ electronics.
And thus you should be able to get one of those for next to nothing.

That said, unless you are using an oil filled air filter, it shouldn't die.