Extra bearing oil clearance

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

200sx-v8

I'm going to order bearings for my engine from Acl. They have bearings with 0,001 more oil clearance then standard.

Anyone have experience with this? I assume it might lower the oil pressure a little bit, but can handle more flex and movement in rods\crank before the bearing is damaged.

I'm going to order bearings for my engine from Acl. They have bearings with 0,001 more oil clearance then standard.

Anyone have experience with this? I assume it might lower the oil pressure a little bit, but can handle more flex and movement in rods\crank before the bearing is damaged.
Depends on what RPM you will be using, std rpm probably ok with std brgs.

We had a B/end brg turn in the rod with 0/40 Synthetic oil 80 psi and std clearance (.001"), turning 7500rpm, rarely below 5500rpm.

Since gone to 25/50 race oil, .002"-.003" clearance, 80psi, so far so good.

Engine is dry sumped, not using std pressure pump.

This "standard" spec,is this towards the middle of clearance specs or towards the looser end of specifications?

http://www.aclperformance.com.au/Toyota1UZFEBearings.htm Here are full spec of these bearings. I think I would need a oil pump with higher flow if I use these.

Some have recommended to polish some material of the crank instead, to also get a finer finish of the surface. And use standard spec bearings.

But if not anyone have tried bigger clearance on standard oil pump before, I don't think I would take the chance. Not fun to find that the oil pressure is to low after is't all assembled.