Eight Throttle Body Manifolds for 1UZ 4.0 V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tmiller

Guys

We have developed and have running on vehicle's (with excellent results), Aluminium manifolds that bolt right onto the 4.0 1UZ 4. Litre V8 that support eight 4AGE throttle Bodies.

One vehicle is a Toyota Trueno Rally car that has had cam work done culminating in 400hp (real horsepower), recently run in the goldrush New Zealand's premier hill climb.

You can veiw the manifolds ect on 1uzquadcam.co.nz.

The induction noise along is impressive without the back braking torque and increased rev range that the modifications offer

Only real men need apply.

Some more info would be good...
For example, most guys here run 1UZs in street cars and, while ITBs are definitely a nice thing, I for one would want to know comparitive height versus stock plenum, cost, whether any kind of engineering (ie. drive-by noise tests, actual Db recorded etc), and anything else which may be pertinent...Naturally, after-market management would be required (not a problem for a lot of guys here), but anything else we should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

What do you want for a set of the manifolds.
and do you have a manifold for this set up that runs a single air filter.
I looked at doing this but chickened out ( i did not have acess to the tools at the time.
do you do an exchange or is it a completly new part.

Nice work by the way very impressive. you say cams ITB's and i am assuming exhaust can give 400HP REAL hP ( AT WHEELS?)

tmiller said:
Guys
One vehicle is a Toyota Trueno Rally car that has had cam work done culminating in 400hp (real horsepower), recently run in the goldrush New Zealand's premier hill climb.

Would be very interested in seeing more about this car
Is it an AE86/101/111
Is there any more information about it on another website?

Logan

tmiller said:
Guys

We have developed and have running on vehicle's (with excellent results), Aluminium manifolds that bolt right onto the 4.0 1UZ 4. Litre V8 that support eight 4AGE throttle Bodies.

You can veiw the manifolds ect on 1uzquadcam.co.nz.

The induction noise along is impressive without the back braking torque and increased rev range that the modifications offer

Only real men need apply.

Pics on web site are a little small, hard to make out detail. Like said above, how much, very interested in a set. Are the ram tubes available in Carbon Fibre??? Wot kind of optional setups available.

Great idea, and much better looking than the bullet ITB's. Seem to get a little more power too :).

Any info would be great.

there is a place in melbourne that casted there own 8 throttle bodys all you do is remove the stock plenum and bolt them to the cross ram manifold they look really good the place is efi hardware (03) 98735400 his name is steve i am not sure about the 400hp bit.

Eight Throttle Body manifolds

1UZ-MX83 said:
Some more info would be good...
For example, most guys here run 1UZs in street cars and, while ITBs are definitely a nice thing, I for one would want to know comparitive height versus stock plenum, cost, whether any kind of engineering (ie. drive-by noise tests, actual Db recorded etc), and anything else which may be pertinent...Naturally, after-market management would be required (not a problem for a lot of guys here), but anything else we should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

We have made the units to the same height as the standard Toyota Plenum.

We are selling the units machined complete with throttle bodys, ram tubes/trumpets $1700.00 NZD +Shipping and packaging.

Eight Throttle Body manifolds

V8Supra said:
Yeah how much for the manifolds and how much for the whole setup?

Also whats the difference in height?

We have made the units to the same height as the standard Toyota Plenum.

$1700.00 NZD C/W fully machined units (x2) throttle bodies ( off 4AGE donor car) and trumpets/ram tubes.

Freight/packaging not included.

Great :)

More info needed:

Do they need 8 air filters/socks or is there a plenum (is it still a plenum?) that mates them to one (or two?) air filters?

What length/rpm are the runners tuned for? low/mid/high rpm? which cams are they tuned for? How easy/hard is it to change the runner length when changing cams?

Eight Throttle Body Manifolds

BlownV8 said:
Pics on web site are a little small, hard to make out detail. Like said above, how much, very interested in a set. Are the ram tubes available in Carbon Fibre??? Wot kind of optional setups available.

Great idea, and much better looking than the bullet ITB's. Seem to get a little more power too :).

Any info would be great.
Hi

Trumpets currently are alloy because we can make to diffrent lenghts.

Send an email to site email address supplied or if you are NZ based pop in and we can show you

Cheers

Tony

Im not sure about there set-up, but my car Toyota Levin AE101, (which from what i can tell these throttle bodies are off) when combined witha 15degree cam advance(vvt) that comes in at around 4500rpm, peak torque is at 5400rpm and peak power is at 7400rpm Cut out at 8300rpm
This is a 1.6L engine for those of you who dont know, making around 160hp from factory

Logan

Lovely product. Very competitive price. Big thumbs up.

Which 20V 4AGE throttle bodies do you use? Silver top or black top? I think the silvertops whilst being more readily available have a slightly smaller bore than the black tops (40mm vs 43mm I think - please correct me if that's wrong).

I suppose ultimately it doesn't matter, you can get the throttle bodies bored out anyway. Steve Newing at Speed Tech will do this for about $400 per set of 4. I think they can be taken out to 47mm.

sounds good but what happens when you run out off 20v throtle bodys as only so many would wont to part with them of used or blown motors.
if you went to efi ida throtle bodys how much would it put the price up by?

gianttomato said:
Lovely product. Very competitive price. Big thumbs up.

Which 20V 4AGE throttle bodies do you use? Silver top or black top? I think the silvertops whilst being more readily available have a slightly smaller bore than the black tops (40mm vs 43mm I think - please correct me if that's wrong).

I suppose ultimately it doesn't matter, you can get the throttle bodies bored out anyway. Steve Newing at Speed Tech will do this for about $400 per set of 4. I think they can be taken out to 47mm.

why would you want to bore them out? by my calcs the cross sectional area of the individual TBs over the std TB is 5 times as much!!! why would you need to spend another $800 to get more again? the individual throttles are huge, considering the exhaust ports are 35mmØ.

i don't understand...why is it when you mention any throttle size under 45mmØ people freak out?

pro240c said:
why would you want to bore them out? by my calcs the cross sectional area of the individual TBs over the std TB is 5 times as much!!! why would you need to spend another $800 to get more again? the individual throttles are huge, considering the exhaust ports are 35mmØ.

i don't understand...why is it when you mention any throttle size under 45mmØ people freak out?

I would agree they are probably big enough, but IMO, you cannot compare thottle size, IR vs plenum. It simply does not work that way. Each IR throttle do not see 100% duty since they serve one cylinder. I don;t know what correction factor would be applied, but I hope it's well below 5!

You also need to remember that these ITBs come from 2 x 1.6L engines. 2 x 1.6 = 3.2 by my calculations, so they might be good for a bore out. Its all guess work untill someone actually does it though.