Eight Throttle Body Manifolds for 1UZ 4.0 V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
V8Supra said:
You also need to remember that these ITBs come from 2 x 1.6L engines. 2 x 1.6 = 3.2 by my calculations, so they might be good for a bore out. Its all guess work untill someone actually does it though.

True, but those motors make 160 HP each, right? If these throttles are bigger than the ports in the head I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I am really temped to use these, but I now have the dual runner length manifold from later 1UZ motors, so I am going to try that route first (4.7l 2UZ, 1999 2UZ heads with vvti and 1999 intake manifold).

jordys ski boat said:
here is a photo of a 1uz with 8 throttle bodys it made 216 kw @ the engine i know the bloke how dynoed it ian powell at race tronics i think the kit for the throttle bodys is about hi2000$ mark not much power for money www.carbontech.com.au www.carbontech.com.au/IMAGES/PHOTOS/MOTOR4.JPG

EFI Hardware are selling this kit in australia for $2700. I had the exact same photo emailed to me about 2 weeks ago from them. They bought the plans of the guy that made them up originally. This unit still uses the original bottom section of the plenum, with a plate that bolts on top to accept the 8 throttle bodies. Not a very neat way to do it if you ask me. The idea behind individual runner, and individual throttle bodies, is to have a straight direct path from throttle to port, this does not give that.
Well that my 2c anyways. I will be ordering one of tmillers manifolds. :)

Tony, for my application (Toyota Crown) I'd prefer to not have them poking out of the bonnet. Can you give a rough idea as to how high they sit up (say in comparison to the standard plenum)?

gianttomato said:
Tony, for my application (Toyota Crown) I'd prefer to not have them poking out of the bonnet. Can you give a rough idea as to how high they sit up (say in comparison to the standard plenum)?
I believe they've been made to the same height as the plenum...

1UZ-MX83 said:
Some more info would be good...
For example, most guys here run 1UZs in street cars and, while ITBs are definitely a nice thing, I for one would want to know comparitive height versus stock plenum, cost, whether any kind of engineering (ie. drive-by noise tests, actual Db recorded etc), and anything else which may be pertinent...Naturally, after-market management would be required (not a problem for a lot of guys here), but anything else we should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

The set up is made to the same overall height as the Toyota plenum.
If you send me your email address i can send you photos of our setups in various vehicles.

Yes, you do have to support the units with after market computers, all cars we have done are running Link enine management systems.

The induction is great and adds to the charcter of the cars, not loud at all.

Happy to do a jpeg and fire your way

Regards

tony

gianttomato said:

Our setup is designed to the same height as the toyota plenum.

Did you receive the photos i sent you?

Tony

Eight Throttle Body Manifolds

jordys ski boat said:
i know that efi hard wear are selling them if you read the middle of this thread i put steves phone number on there so if anyone is intrested they can call hi

The EFI hardware units still use the existing plenum and bolt throttle bodies onto them.

We have designed a whole new casting that after flow benching on only shows a loss of 3% vs that of the standard Toyota plenum which has a loss of 18-22%.

This is an issue with the Toyota intake system.

Cheers

Tony

To dig this thread up, I've seen the video of the induction setup, and it sounds great. But I was wondering if someone could make a video of what the exhaust sounds like. I imagine these would make it much more aggressive.