EGR transducer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

twostick

Hello all. First time here. I have just bought a 91 LS400 with about 200,000 miles on it and it has failed a smog test. NOx was too high. HC and CO levels aren't even close to max. It has fault codes for TPS out of range and an EGR transducer which makes sense. No EGR = hi NOx. Car runs OK and doesn't do anything goofy. So has anybody changed one of these transducers? How hard is it to change and how much $$ is the part? What do you make of the TPS code and can it have any effect on a smog test?

Kevin

Thanks for the reply.

The mechanic checked for vacuum at the EGR and there was none and my understanding is that it comes from/thru this transducer. I haven't actually seen it so I don't know where it is. Was just curious if anyone had dealt with one before and what kind of grief the job is.

Kevin

the EGR valve opens up at a given tps/rpm to recirculate. It might help to test it's opearation with the engine running to see if the valve is opening when it should. There's a chance your TPS may be out of range and it's throwing off the valve's actuation. Just a hunch

Sean