EGR kit fitment question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

leeky

Hey guys. Just got my lextreme EGR kit. Bolted all the blanking plates on no problem - perfect fit :)

But there are two things im not sure of...

1) Where exactly am i supposed to put the resistor?

The connector i pulled off the EGR valve has 6 pins so not sure which to connect the resistor to (if thats where its supposed to go). Instructions state the temp sensor connector where this resistor is supposed to go is right under the EGR Valve but i havent got anything directly underneath. There are two small valves either side which have got two pin connectors on but the left one is shown un-touched in the instruction pictures so maybe the right one with the two hoses going into it?

2) Kit came with a small white 't' piece. Doesnt mention this in the instructions. Any ideas or should i just forget about it?

Here is a picture of my engine. EGR Valve in the middle is gone now. So all i have left is the 6 pin connector that used to be attached to it, the 2 pin connector on the left which i have circled and another almost identical one on the right which you cant see as its under the hose. But whatever it connects to has those two smaller hoses that you can see going into it.

egr.JPG

Thanks guys

:)

hmm, i guess the T connectore slipped its way into your kit! dont worry about it, toss it.

None of what you circled is where the resistor should go. You state you have no kind of sensor or anything under your main EGR valve? I have attached some photos to specify where the resistor should go. Hopefully this helps you. I am looking at your picture you posted, and i dont think i see it, which is odd... i hope my eyes are just bad.

attachment.php

hmm that is very strange. See the CEL is thrown when the temp sensor doesnt read what the computer likes, so we throw a resistor on there to avoid this CEL light. If you dont have a temp sensor to even throw a CEL.... i can only guess you might not get a CEL. Just try driving it and see if the light comes on is the only thing i can suggest.

Anyone have any ideas on why his car doesnt have a temp sensor? Even being from England he should still have it....

Thanks for the info.

Its a UK Spec engine which i believe is identical to the US spec engine.

I guess your right. I'll just drive it (eventually when its in the car) and see if the ECU complains about it :)

Attachments

• CIMG0426.JPG
    CIMG0426.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 13
  • CIMG0427.JPG
    CIMG0427.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 9
  • CIMG0429.JPG
    CIMG0429.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 10
Alright leeky, sorry about the lack of knowledge concerning this. Let us know what happens when you get it started up, good luck

Hi Leeky,

I've got two LS 400 engines ( one 91 and other 93) and I do not recognise your egr setup. I've removed the complete egr setup from the 1991 engine as the engines are in kit cars hence no dash warning light problems.

Are you sure the engine is a UK spec engine?

Cheers,

Tony

PS Where are you based ? Theres getting to be quite a few of us Lexus V8 enthusiasts over here.

Hi Tony,

Yes its deffo a UK engine, came out of a 96 UCF20.

It must have been a very short run revision of the engine not to have a temp sensor. Its not a problem as if it causes an engine checklight i may simply get hold of a J-Spec ECU so that it doesnt look for the sensor.

Im in Reading in Berkshire - England. Yourself?

Yes the uz engines are getting pretty popular in the UK now since Thor have swapped one into their JZA80. That was my original idea until i caught up with the guys at this years JAE. Much happier with the current project anyway so it worked out for the best. I used to have a 96 LS400 myself and always loved the engine. I've fancied putting one into a supra for a long time. :)

egr

Hi Leeky (and Tony) Leeky ive just got hold of a 1Uz fe from an Ls400, its should be going into a Celica st185. Ive Started junking the egr and when I saw this thread I was confused to. My motor is from a 1994/95 car and the egr looks very different to your setup. Have you sorted it? Also are you running an auto box or manual?

Steve,

Im running an R154 5 Speed manual from a mk3 supra turbo. I havent transplanted the engine as yet, still waiting on a clutch and flywheel etc. But have decided to tackle the EGR sensor problem after the engine goes in. I have sourced a j-spec ECU and will use this if need be as it wont be looking for the EGR.

Your engine is the REV1 from a UCF10, quite a few diffrences to my engine although internally the same (except i have thinner rods). Mine is a Rev2, from the UCF20.

Kudos on the conversion BTW, i have done an engine swap on the st185 before and its pretty tight in there, even with just the standard 3sgte. Someone in OZ has already put a 1UZ into a st185 with twin turbos too. May be worth tracking him down for info :)

Cheers
Lee

1uz fe all the way

I must admit that this conversion was inspired by the St185 with with twin turbos, built by some guy down under. My Bro showed me a video clip of it and it sold the idea to me in an instant. He's been tinkering with the 3vz v6 into MR2's and he transplanted one into his Gt4 St185 and retained the all wheel drive system. It proved to be a very time consuming job as it seem's to be a one off. You may have seen it at Jae. Since then he's been exploring forced indcution options on that motor in his st185 but space is very limited. He researched the posibilities of the other toyota motors and the 1uz fe seemed to be the cream of the crop. The transmission seems to be a bit of a stumbbling block at this point as I dont want auto transmission but I know aftermarket parts are out there to do this. If I cant find them or if they are to costly Ill manufacture whatevery I cant buy off the shelf. Its a case of Ive started so Ill finnish. Its all very early days but Ive got the motor/ecu/loom and all ancileries. The chassis I dont have yet !! lol

lol

Go R154 for the gearbox :) Easy to pick up for £200 and the strongest box toyota ever made. Your car will be awesome when its done :hail: