EGR kit fitment question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey guys. Just got my lextreme EGR kit. Bolted all the blanking plates on no problem - perfect fit :)

But there are two things im not sure of...

1) Where exactly am i supposed to put the resistor?

The connector i pulled off the EGR valve has 6 pins so not sure which to connect the resistor to (if thats where its supposed to go). Instructions state the temp sensor connector where this resistor is supposed to go is right under the EGR Valve but i havent got anything directly underneath. There are two small valves either side which have got two pin connectors on but the left one is shown un-touched in the instruction pictures so maybe the right one with the two hoses going into it?

2) Kit came with a small white 't' piece. Doesnt mention this in the instructions. Any ideas or should i just forget about it?

Here is a picture of my engine. EGR Valve in the middle is gone now. So all i have left is the 6 pin connector that used to be attached to it, the 2 pin connector on the left which i have circled and another almost identical one on the right which you cant see as its under the hose. But whatever it connects to has those two smaller hoses that you can see going into it.

egr.JPG

Thanks guys

:)

My US 97 SC400 EGR looks like this as well and the CEL comes on after about 20 mins of driving. Has anyone figured out where the resistor goes?

Thanks,
Scott

Hey guys. Just got my lextreme EGR kit. Bolted all the blanking plates on no problem - perfect fit :)

But there are two things im not sure of...

1) Where exactly am i supposed to put the resistor?

The connector i pulled off the EGR valve has 6 pins so not sure which to connect the resistor to (if thats where its supposed to go). Instructions state the temp sensor connector where this resistor is supposed to go is right under the EGR Valve but i havent got anything directly underneath. There are two small valves either side which have got two pin connectors on but the left one is shown un-touched in the instruction pictures so maybe the right one with the two hoses going into it?

2) Kit came with a small white 't' piece. Doesnt mention this in the instructions. Any ideas or should i just forget about it?

Here is a picture of my engine. EGR Valve in the middle is gone now. So all i have left is the 6 pin connector that used to be attached to it, the 2 pin connector on the left which i have circled and another almost identical one on the right which you cant see as its under the hose. But whatever it connects to has those two smaller hoses that you can see going into it.

egr.JPG

Thanks guys

:)

OK forget that last question, I do have the two wire plug, What about the circled 6 wire plug? Can that just be dissconected?

On my '92 SC400 I had to replace the CA/U.S. spec computer on mine with a fed/non-U.S. ECU ('93) that I took out of my parts car. The fed box could care less if anything was hooked up, however, with the CA box, it would throw the egr code everytime (apparently ECU needs to see the position of the motor... eliminated EGR because the motor was faulty-200+ some odd dollars no thank you!). Tried adding 1/2 watt resistors (not enough current capacity, burned up instantly) to mimic the resistance of the motor. This may work if you rig up a resistor box to trick the ECU but since I had the extra ECU, I didn't try it (+it would be an eyesore and a PIA).

Be careful with these EGR delete's. Toyota changes the timing when the EGR flow command is given to help with the slight power loss.

Make sure you have good fuel to stave off detonation.

I know I don't spend as much time here as I do on ClubLexus but someone please help me out.
I am halfway done doing my homemade EGR delete kit.

any help is appreciated.

OK forget that last question, I do have the two wire plug, What about the circled 6 wire plug? Can that just be dissconected?

right now you must leave the 6 wire plug, plugged in, I'm going to talk with some of my electrical engineering friends to see what they can come up with on what we can put there instead to trick it

question

hey all
I have got everything off my 92 LS except this last piece.
8_WEB.jpg

I've got it plumbed similar to the way it would be if the egr system were intact. But its got to GO!

What do I do with these two?
The hose across the valve cover and the teal thing with two nips.

egr_b.jpg

As you can see I've already plugged the ICV in the PS.
(pm me if you need the how-to)

How do I finish this guys?

follow up

Just wanted to say thanks to Xirforever for hepling me.
Also, I just finished my magnaflo X pipe install.

F-in sweet sound.:Eyecrazy:
I still got the stock resonators and the muffler in the rear, but give me time I'll do something nice.

My CL post is here :yeah:

Engine vaccum. The SC uses port P, but like the system it may be different. The system uses the throttle position to function so you may want to double check. Bottom goes to CC.

Engine vaccum. The SC uses port P, but like the system it may be different. The system uses the throttle position to function so you may want to double check. Bottom goes to CC.
I have all 3 ports on top of the throttle/body......so i could use the the P port for the 2nd opening right!!

so it would be like......from P to the top opening and then the bottom i connect the CC pipe <<<< is that right...if not please fill free to put me right....:)