EGR delete 2004 LS430

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

I have ordered s&s headers for my 2004 LS430 and need some input about what to do with the EGR. If lextreme's kit will work on this, I'll get it, that would be the simplest.

Thanks
Keith

yes dave's plate should work just fine. I did the same thing. just made my own plate. Heres a not so great picture, i never took any pics of the side of my motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ordered s&s headers for my 2004 LS430 and need some input about what to do with the EGR. If lextreme's kit will work on this, I'll get it, that would be the simplest.

Thanks
Keith

I am almost POSITIVE there is NOT an EGR on your LS. Starting in 1998 Lexus utilized the vvti system for exhaust gas recirculation. There is no exhaust side valving. Nothing else needed except the headers. You should be good to go!

Hi All
Is this EGR the pipe from the right manifold going to the intake manifold, I have this pipe and was wondering what it was for.
If I make a new pr of headers do I still have to have this

Alan

Hi All
Is this EGR the pipe from the right manifold going to the intake manifold, I have this pipe and was wondering what it was for.
If I make a new pr of headers do I still have to have this

Alan

Deleting EGR is more of a convenience as there is not any real power to be gained and arguably some negative effects. I would probably keep it. It is easy to weld a small 2 bolt flange to the header collector or a primary. You may need some additional 1/2 inch flex tubing to connect the completed application. Of course you can get Lextremes block off plate and skip it.