Egr Blocker Question?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
To answer the question about the air/fuel ratio, Toyoat alters it during EGR flow. Ignition timing is also advanced to restore some of the power loss.

If you are using high enough octane fuel, you will not ping, but the mixture is not optimal when the flow command is given.

Back at you Nick M...Toyoat ---Toyota (Toy-o-ta):006:

I don't think the ECU and EGR are related...ECU changes timing and A/F during warm up or lower engine temps...Heat sensors and not the EGR are responsible for ECU signals if I am not mistaken...

I think the EGR valve is always open, then it closes under high-throttle. So no, it might not work they way you want. Also, i dont see why you want to do that? Installing the plates you already bought cleans up the engine bay and gets rid of one of the most common problems on those engines.

(see attached .pdf)

Read all of it, but that covers the basics. It has been a while since I dealt with any of this. But the text only mentions the ignition timing change.

Attachments

• 4wdlexusv8.jpg
    4wdlexusv8.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 80
  • h25.pdf
    494.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, the interesting is, my car, a 94 LS400 does not have the EGR modulator, and the two hoses that are suposed to be connected to it from the throttle body. It only has one hose going from the throttle body, the other two nipples are capped off, and it only has the EGR valve, no modulator. WTF?

It depends on the model. The modulator is a mechanical device that operates the EGR valve. I guess not having one simply means the ECU has more direct controll.

I don't have the factory repair manual or EWD to look at. I guess I will have to get one from ebay.

Attachments

• gra-pic.jpg
    gra-pic.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 14
  • gra-dual.jpg
    gra-dual.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 13
  • impco425.JPG
    impco425.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 8
  • grablown.jpg
    grablown.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 10
  • impco225.JPG
    impco225.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 6
xirforever, I haven't done the EGR delete yet, because of the persistanly cold weather, but I've decided to do it today, however I stumbled upon quite a few problems. First of all, I only have one vacuum hose coming out of the throttle body, unlike three in your tutorial. Then I don't have the EGR modulator, and the plug that connects to the EGR valve has 6 pins, not two, so I don't know how to install the resistor.

At this point I'm wondering if I could just leave everything intact, and just use one blockoff plate between the EGR pipe and intake manifold. Is that going to work?

I tried to removed the EGR.. i have installed all the plate, now the problem is i have installed the resistor but did no remove the code 71.. the engine light is still on and it is still throwing code 71. My question is there a particular way you have to put the resistor? anyone have a pictures of it installed?

I tried to removed the EGR.. i have installed all the plate, now the problem is i have installed the resistor but did no remove the code 71.. the engine light is still on and it is still throwing code 71. My question is there a particular way you have to put the resistor? anyone have a pictures of it installed?:unitedstates:

I have the same experience. I put the resistor in and it seems to take care of the CEL but as soon as I unplug the six wire plug the light comes on. I really wish I could get rid of it.

That is the strangest EGR configuration i have seen yet. It appears as though you have an early 1uz motor with a later EGR configuration, but a different later configuration that the normal ones. Very odd indeed. The kit is only designed to remove ALL the CEL lights for early gen 1uz motors, it cannot remove the CEL you are getting once you unplug your EGR valve. You can bypass it and block it off, but leave it there plugged in. Im trying to work on coming up with the needed electrical component to get rid of the CEL without needing the EGR valve to be plugged in. Please PM me so we can discuss how to fix the problem of your EGR removal.

Och:

That is the strangest EGR configuration i have seen yet. It appears as though you have an early 1uz motor with a later EGR configuration, but a different later configuration that the normal ones. Very odd indeed. The kit is only designed to remove ALL the CEL lights for early gen 1uz motors, it cannot remove the CEL you are getting once you unplug your EGR valve. You can bypass it and block it off, but leave it there plugged in. Im trying to work on coming up with the needed electrical component to get rid of the CEL without needing the EGR valve to be plugged in. Please PM me so we can discuss how to fix the problem of your EGR removal.

I would love to find a solution to this. My car is a 97 and has this six wire plug as well. I had no choice but to remove my EGR because of my supercharger. If you get a solution that works to get rid of my CEL I will be more than happy to purchase it.

Thanks,
Scott

I too have tried to help a few members with their EGR deletion but it seems alot of EGR setups are different...California cars and non, model years, etc...there are many different variations of the EGR systems from what I have seen...

Hi guys, im about to do this on my 1UZ is there anything else i should know before i do this, where can i get this "resistor" that is needed.

Thanks

Hi all!
Does anyone here have sc400 with EGR deleted? if you have a photo of EGR pipe where it support to block please show me, I don't know where EGR pipe locate at. I search around but all I found just LS400. I also have another issues, when I used resistor to cheat ECU without blocking EGR valve and EGR pipe I got oil leakage underneat of engine. does anyone know what is going on? Thanks for any input.

I want to delete EGR system but I don’t know where I have to put the restrictor. I haven’t got any plug under the EGR valve. I'm talking about the plug that is shown on the last photo of instruction

I have EGR modulator and EGR VSV.

When you remove all the EGR crap your left with 2 plugs... just bend the long resistor into a "U" and slide each end into each pinhole... it fits perfectly, very snug. It also doesn't matter which end goes in which, does its job either way. I don't know the name of the plug but I just tried both and the second one did not trip an engine code. The resistor BTW is a 10k resistance. If you want more details David @ lextreme is the master of this delete.