Egr Blocker Question?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

I need to know if anyone on this forum has succefully blocked their EGR on a USA lexus car? Without the car running too rich or fouling up the ECU and fuel misture read? ANYONE? I am Ready to install headers on my sc400 and have concerns, I have an EGR blocker kit but need to know if I can pull this EGR block off successfully, or should I not even try it, any ideas, options, insite, testimonies would be most appreciated???????

There are many.. one of the person very close to my house and he is a moderator for CL is Celsior God aka Eric. PM him and ask him directly.... Xirforever is the seller of this kit and we have no problem with it since we sold over 40 kits.

So Dave, I will need more than just the EGR blocker kit that I bought from you to pull off this header install? That is good news to hear that it can be done, I was starting to dought on some of these older forum posts I read. I will PM Mr. Xirforever and get the low down.

Thanks.

I didnt make the headers so installing it is another story. I heard from JBrady stated that those headers were created for GS400 or GS430 and its NOT Bolt on for the 1st Gen LS or SC400. EGR kit will be bolt right on would not be a problem. However, you will need to modified the cat to make it work. So you question was little beyond the EGR kit. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4388

Jibby, you should not need any other parts to successfully remove the EGR system. As for the a/f ratio messing up.... ive personally never heard of this, maybe you can have it checked out after you install the kit, if it changed, make appropriate adjustments on your apexi piggyback and you should be set.

(not specifically for a 1uz-fe, but in general for everything)
The addition of EG richens the mixture during low / medium throttle operation (Where EGR is used) . Disabling it leans the mixture; which is why many engines will ping under a light-medium load & throttle transisions without EGR.

AFA will it cause your engine to ping? If Lextreme says no - then it doesn't impact a 1uz-fe enough to make it ping.

What does AFA stand for?

I had this egr kit on my car for a long time, never had any pinging or non-normal engine running conditions. Many people have bought this kit as well, never heard anything about it from any customers. I would say it doesnt impact the 1uz enough, maybe someone else can chime in

I hope not lean with nos!!!!!! That spells destuction!!!! I was on the fast ISlexus forum and they all told me it would run rich not lean. So many different opinions it's funny. XIrforever is living proof that the engine won't ping, I am going with what you and Dave say. I will tune with the piggyback ECU if necessary. I am not going to sweat this anymore.. Thanks everyone-

XIRFOREVER

Hi, your PM box is full and I cannot pm you.

I ordered the EGR delete kit from David back in early November and I still havent recieved it yet.

Any word on my order coming any time soon?

Here is my address.
Vince Lombos
14431 19th Ave. West
Lynnwood, WA. 98087

Please let me know if it has been sent out.
Thanks.

wow sorry about that pagong, i just noticed that today when i tried to send a PM and said i couldnt because of my box being full. I have corrected the problem. The kit has been shipped, you should be expecting the kit anyday now. Im hoping for monday the 18th (tomarrow)

jibby, you shouldnt be worried about pinging, but your a/f ratio concern is valid, and i cannot offer any real insight into it. My suggestion is after you install the kit, have your a/f ratio checked out. Toysrme suggests that the a/f ratio changes during light to medium throttle. Like i said have it checked out, but if toysrme is right, it wouldnt affect you under nitrous because you should only be spraying under WOT. Just find out for sure what happens before you spray, just my $.02.

good luck

I will test the a/f ratio after install, then use the piggyback to tune accordingly. So under full throttle I should be ok, that is my main concern with running the nos. Thanks for your $.02.

IDK your n2o plans, but more general information.
Every n2o fogger supplys a good 10-20bhp "extra" n2o just to make sure that everyone is happy, but wet foggers past around a 75 shot don't supply enough fuel on their own to support the n2o. So even with wet shots - you need to upgrade the fuel system. Unless you're being a panzy & running a baby shot!:veryhappy

Just make sure if you're gonna run a good sized shot you have the fuel system to support it, regardless of it being wet, or dry.

xirforever - As Far As

Attachments

• t04b-v1.jpg
    t04b-v1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 18
The EGR is a couple of rubber hoses and large washers, then there is a sensor in the stock headers, really not a big deal to install. I think I took a picture of the EGR Block kit and got it from Lextreme - late-

After you remove the EGR pipe running from the passenger header to the back of the intake manifold, its smooth sailing from there. But make no mistake about it, the pipe is not easy to remove, 5 bolts/nuts holding it on, two on the back of the intake manifold, two on the header collection area, and the hardest one, on the back of the motor, you wont be able to see it, but you can feel it when you search around with your hand back there.