Do you believe this guy mods!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

Hello club fellas,
I've recently been looking for some stuffs on Ebay and I ran into this guy with his differential for auction. However, he stated that his SC400 make 457 hp. As far as I looked at his pics, I didn't see that he had any supercharger or turbo. So what do you think that he had done on his motor or he's just a big drum with air inside. Check this out at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-SC300-SC400-DIFFERENTIAL-COMPLETE-AND-AXLE_W0QQitemZ7998683941QQcategoryZ33731QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. Or if you can't link to this, go to www.ebay.com and type 7998683941 in the Search box.

Its obvious, he got a fast racing braided top radiator hose and a pod air filter. He probably has racing air in the tyres as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also look at his feedback. This is the 2nd one he has sold.

Also note he didn't say it makes 475hp.

I could say my current engine makes almost 500hp. it's only a couple of hundred short!

I'd like to see it in action.

Wonder if he's a member. He may have burning ears.

Correct me if I am wrong but I would think that the ECU would have a heart attack if it suddenly received a nitrous shot in the arm. Not to mention the lack of air flow through that standard AFM.

The guy has the same rims as I do, and he also has the air filter pod as I do, but I don't see that my car can make close to 457 hp. It's even slower than anybody's stock SC due to my subwoofers and amps. As I looked real careful at his Nos bottle, I think it's only about a 75 hp shot. Therefore, I don't see how he came close to that hp. Well, as you know, there's a lot bumpy ads on Ebay. His stuff for sale might be true, though.

You cant tell what shot he is running by the bottle.... it only matters on jet size... he could have up to a 150+ shot on that 10lb bottle. All NOS kits come with upgradable jet sizes.

Stvechumo,

Does this mean you can say my engine makes almost 475HP?

At least you can say "I saw a simillar engine that is said to make that."

If people do it with a turbo, you can do it with anything else.

n2o is easy. Add n2o, add fuel. Tho it's still very unlikely.

Zuffen said:
Stvechumo,

Does this mean you can say my engine makes almost 475HP?

At least you can say "I saw a simillar engine that is said to make that."
Oh, no! What I meant about it was my doubt about his engine making 457 hp with nothing visible from the top. It's just to clarify that my SC is still just stock. I had day dreams & night dreams about a forced induction system on it, but I got no time for it just yet.

Anyway, I just emailed the guy and asked him. And he told me that he had upgrades such as a Dragon torque converter, ECU, and a complete exhaust system. Well, his hp number might be true, but I still have doubt on those upgrades due to those manufacturers' marketing tactics.

that kind of power needs one of 2 things, forced induction, or nitrous, period. if he didn't say he's running a giant shot of nitrous, or forced induction of some sort, he's full of crapola

I actually emailed him and said this..... i asked about how he has all that power cuz "i needed some" lol...... here was his reply....

"The biggest upgrade was the Dragon torque converter, the replace your stock mufflers and cat (35hp), Ecu piggyback (20hp), Cold air intake (15hp), headers (15hp), nos (150hp) I also but supra limited slip differential and front big brakes, and the engine and tranny are perfect these cars can handle up too 450hp all stock. Pistons and rods are weak and cannot due more, tranny and drivetrain 800hp, check out website intelexual.com for all info. needed to get your lexus bolting. You can email me at [email protected] if your seriously interested in building you lex the cheapest, safest most effective way, I have been at it for over a year and pretty much know everything about the sc and ls's. Good luck john"

Well what do you know....... the tranny and drivetrain can handle 800hp hehehehe.......... i'd think the tranny would take a serious dump over 400.......... just a guess... may be worth it to pick his brain : )

Dan

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2005_0213Image0004.JPG
    2005_0213Image0004.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 4
I think this guy is so full of it, I cannot even tell you!!!! Although you have to admit it does look like a nice ride and very very clean 1992 sc400 wouldn't you say? Those rims are sweet but those tires and rims by looking at them are way too small to be racing with that much horsepower and staying with vette's, come on!!!!! Is this guy for real? I don't care if he has two LSD's on that car I don't think so. He needs some bigger rims and drag tires to even consider running with new vette's those babies grip and haul I know from experience. No way that engine by looking at it puts out that much HP even with a 150hp nos shot NO WAY! That motor looks completely stock with a couple of steel braided hoses, man there is just no visual evidence at all to support those claims. However looking at his ebay pofile he is a 100% ebayer for three years except for a recent negative from a faulty product that he bought and received. It's pretty tough to be a shady person and keep that rating for three years running and the volume of transactions I know because I am an ebayer bir time. He also bought a lot of computer stuff and appears to do computer repairs, so he must be some what smart, alot of broken laptops as I can see. Also his history indicates he purchased alot of performance lexus parts as well. Do you think he would buy those parts to resell or somehting or just look at them in his house? You never know people?

Just maybe those could be very outdated pictures of his motor but I have to say he is definetely wrong about the stock transmittion hp capabilities, but hey it could have been a typo or something else maybe.

By the way that picture is about eight months old, and yes that is a 150 nos shot, and you guys should see what that engine looks like today, that was an old old ad that I used to sell my first differential. Did not want to download the new pictures in that ad. You can email me or check my profile for updated pictures of about a month ago. I still have not sold that differential yet is anyone interested it is cluttering up my back yard, I will sell cheap it is a good one at that. Oh and I was terribly mistaken about the transmittion hp claims maybe a typo or I just wasn't paying attention when I wrote the ad and about 25hp or little more on the engine hp at the crank, just excited about my ride. All apology's to whom ever I may have offended and I must say I did, but I would be more than willing to give anyone in the Santa Monica area a test drive and show just how fast my car is, just not in the next two weeks because the car will be under repair during the S&S header installation.

I do have plans for an Air forced Induction (supercharger) maybe, but was hoping to see a real nice friend of mine whom has been the biggest help to me in finding parts, information, and in general in biulding my car. He has a very nice sc400 as well with super rims and plans to biuld an Eaton supercharger runing at around 6 or 7psi. I am afraid though he may be upset with me for these slightly exaggerated claims and recent posts I have made. I am deeply saddened and afraid I will never see hands on experienvce from a real stand up guy who really knows his Lexus stuff.

John

P.S. I am having a bad day on these Lexus forums, it must be a full moon or something.