Do I need new head studs if running at 8lbs boost?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Bom

My project is running 1UZ (1992 engine) with twin trubos with 8 lbs boost (without any engine modifiation). Should I upgrade new aftermarket head studs or original studs are adequate for this amount of boost?

What elses should I upgrade for putting turbos to standard 1uz with 8lbs boost?

thank you,

No you dont need head studs. U will be fine with stock parts. Perhaps a good computer and little more fuel.

Attachments

• input shaft.JPG
    input shaft.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 207
16 to 18psi here, on a built motor with 9mm ARP studs, and we managed to blow 2 Cometic head gaskets at around 400 BHP (that's supercharged, not turbocharged, so we were probably around 450 HP total, including the drive losses)

Too much compression and not enough octane.

I have a solution for stock motor. Weld the block and the heads together. No more blown head gaskets. If the pistons or rods break, trash the engine...LOL.

before someone jumps on him about a dumb idea, this has been done many times in verious forms of racing. more notably land speed cars. not realy a good idea when your only talking 8psi tho.

16 to 18psi here, on a built motor with 9mm ARP studs, and we managed to blow 2 Cometic head gaskets at around 400 BHP (that's supercharged, not turbocharged, so we were probably around 450 HP total, including the drive losses)

Too much compression and not enough octane.

John, 9mm studs????? I thought that the stock bold size was 10mm...