Need to borrow a 1UZ cylinder head

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GSMnow

Just as the subject says, I need a 1UZ cylinder head. The driver's side exhaust manifold for my 83 1UZA65 Celica is almost done, but the rear most port had to be cut free from the others during fabrication. To weld it all back together, we would like a head to line it up on and make sure it all works. The problem is there is no room in the car to work with it so we are trying to find a head we can use on the bench. All it needs is the exhaust mounting face to be basically straight. If anyone has a fried head, or an extra head we can borrow I am willing to pay some rent for it. I will of course pay all shipping both directions as well. Please e-mail me direct at [email protected] if you have a head I can use. It is the left hand US driver's side, but from what I understand, they are the same casting, so it really should not matter. I am located north of L.A. ,but my car is being worked on in Chicago Illinois.

Thanks

Gary Meissner

The guy doing the welding for me wants a head to bolt up to for alignment/test fit. He is basically making a new driver's side exhaust manifold. The front 3 ports all stayed connected, but the 4th one had to be separated. He wants to bolt it on the head to tack it up, then weld it and re-check it on the head again.

Lex, where are you located? I seem to remember you are also near L.A. I am up in Santa Clarita, but I work all over the area. I am going to be in Westwood Wednesday. If you have a head I could borrow, I would gladly come and pick it up.

Gary Meissner

I have both sitting on an engine here in Terre Haute, IN. Sure we can work something out, but I won't have time to pull any parts off the engine until mid Jan.

Peter

Thanks for the reply, but LEX, the list moderator, already got me a pair of heads a while back, and my manifold is welded up. I hope to have pictures to post soon. It is a TIGHT!! fit, but we got it in there. The steering shaft has to be off while the manifold is slid back along the enigne, and right before it gets into place, the steering shaft has to go back onto the rack. Once in and bolted up there is plenty of clearance, but it takes a contortionist to get it in there.

Gary M.
GSMnow